Job descriptionShift Leader - Data Centre Slough - £46,000
We currently have brand new shift leader vacancies seeking a Shift Leader to join a large data centre based in Slough. This role will be working in a two man shift team where you would be required to liaise daily with clients, whilst providing fault finding and technical maintenance skills.
Working a continental Shift pattern - 07:00 -19:00/ 19:00 - 07:00
This job includes:
- Base salary up to £46,000
- 20 shifts leave
- Abundance of overtime
- Progressive training
- Clear career paths into management
Duties will include:
- Leading a 2 man shift team ensuring all tasks set for that shift are carried out
- Carry out PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Plant and associated electrical systems.
- Ensure on site Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to
- Respond in a prompt and effective manner to all reactive maintenance issues, and help desk requests.
- Carry out technical surveys of the above services and systems, reporting findings to the Engineering shift manager (ESM).
- Be an active participant in reviewing existing and implementing new techniques to enhance the service to our Clients.
- Electrical fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the site.
- Carry out minor installation work to the above services and systems.
- Repair and maintenance of lighting and distribution systems.
- Co-ordinate visiting specialist sub-contractors associated with electrical aspects of the PPM schedules. Surveying and accepting new works carried out by specialist sub-contractors.
- Undertake any training that may be required to fulfil duties.
- Maintain test equipment and tools associated with your role, ensuring they are fit for purpose at all times.
The successful candidate will be :
- Fully qualified in Electrical Engineering (City & Guilds / NVQ Level 2 & 3 or Equivalent , Apprentice trained
- Proven track record in commercial building maintenance ideally within a corporate / banking environment.
- 17th/ 18th Edition Wiring Regs
- HV AP - (desirable)
- Critical experience would be ideal
- Experienced managing / leading a small team
- Be able to obtain full clearance for data centre environment ( including financial and 5 year work history checks)
These vacancies are currently in the interview stages and are expected to move quickly. If interested in the role please apply for a call back.