Location: M25/Surrounding Areas
To liaise with operatives on a given patch to give help and support along with completing supervisor type visits. To ensure that engineers/operatives are working to Electrical industry and Health and Safety guidelines and assist in any performance management issues required. To lead the NIC/EIC Quality Supervision and inspections processes.
To liaise and enhance relationships with field operatives and the office to promote good working team relations and to also deliver repairs and service works where requested.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for completing breakdowns and service alongside supervision of breakdown, service and sub-contracted engineers on a given patch
- Carry out surveys and produce Defect report Costings (DRC) to a high standard.
- Providing technical support, encouragement and up-skilling of existing engineers on the patch to improve first time fix, productivity, reduce recalls and parts costs.
- Carry out Health and Safety Audits.
- Involvement and liaison with complaints to ensure a satisfactory resolution.
- Maintain good links with Quality Assurance Manager and Installation Team.
- Control and resolution of problem situations.
- Complete BSW electrical paperwork sign off.
- Carry out Electrical Installation work in progress and Electrical post inspection QA's.
- Must hold current and valid 18th Edition City & Guilds 2391 & 236 Part 1 & 2. or NVQ Level 3
- Previous experience in a similar role with a technical background is essential.
- Experience of working with electricians is essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication and good IT skills.
- The ability to work under pressure within a fast paced environment.
- Valid driving licence.