Job descriptionPRS are working with a longstanding client assisting them in their search for a Maintenance Electrician to work on a semi mobile at a prestigious site in Mansfield. You will be covering 3 buildings within one location.
ROLE: Maintenance Electrician
SALARY: £31,000 - £33,000 working 37.5 hours Monday to Friday – typically 0800 – 1600 hrs
You will be our clients first line representative over 3 x sites and on occasion be the sole representative of the company.
You will handle the maintenance and repair of the complete range of mechanical and electrical engineering services associated with the Health Care estate.
This will include, for example, electrical power, nurse call systems, communication systems, plant and other alarms, fire alarm systems, UPS units, electrical distribution systems, motors and control equipment, portable equipment, catering equipment and fixed plant. Control panels, sockets, lighting, electrical accessories, HVAC, Pumps, Motors, AHU’s and building management systems.
- Undertake correctly and to a high standard the work associated with an inspection and testing program both for fixed and mobile/portable equipment, ensuring compliance with the latest edition of the wiring regulations BS7671. Requesting remedial works or emergency isolations as and when required. Issue the appropriate completion certificates.
- Correctly and to a high standard the work associated with an inspection and testing program both for installed plant, fixed and mobile/portable equipment.
- Follow engineering and building drawings and specifications, providing satisfactory levels of output linked with high standards or workmanship for complex systems, fully understanding the relationship between mechanical and electrical systems.
- Determine what spares, components or supplies are needed in order to satisfactorily undertake and complete the work associated with repair, routine servicing and new installations.
- Complete all record sheets and paperwork associated with routine duties accurately and in good time, or through the use of hand held devices.
- Undertake fault finding on complex Low Voltage (LV) networks, critical systems and equipment, liaise with Engineering Supervisor regarding plant or equipment failure and to request the supply of goods and services as necessary.
- Assist in providing training to others engaged on Electrical work.
- Carry out work in a flexible manner ie undertaking a range of work not of the core trade or skill.
- Undertake the responsibilities of the Shift Team Leader in their absence if required in relation to supervision of day operational staff, across all trades, in the absence of Engineering or Building Supervisor.
- Actively monitor the CAFM system to ensure all tasks are assigned within appropriate timescales and potential issues are identified and rectified before incurring failure points.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- Evidence of working within acute health care premises would be advantageous (but not essential).
- As this is a key front-line post, the post holder represents the Department directly to the Client group. Therefore, the post holder must have a high standard of customer care skills, have a pleasant manner, good communication skills, numerate and have keyboard skills.
- NVQ level 3 in electrical engineering or equivariant
- 18th Edition or the IEE Wiring Regulations.
- Completion of a structured training program in Electrical Engineering for a minimum of 3 years.