Job descriptionWe are recruiting for an experienced and customer facing maintenance electrician to look after a site in Heywood on static basis. This is a temp – perm position, 40.00 hours per week, Monday – Friday paying £16.00ph on a PAYE basis + holiday pay. You will be the first line in all maintenance issues throughout the site. The role while electrical in nature will also include fabric maintenance, mechanical and basic HVAC overlap and all associated building services maintenance (and small works where required).
The position is temporary - permanent
Static, parking available
Hourly rate £16.00ph + holiday pay on a PAYE basis
40.00 hours per week Mon-Fri – flexibility
The purpose of this role is to carry out technical repairs and PPM’s. You will ensure that all technical and compliance paperwork is completed and up to date at all times.
All work will be completed to the highest standards in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whilst complying with all Health and Safety legislation.
· Complete the Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule within agreed timescales and to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately.
· Respond promptly and positively to service call requests from the Helpdesk and to assess the requirements of the job and carry out repairs as and where necessary.
· Prioritise electrical maintenance and repair work to achieve agreed timescales and response times.
· Deliver reactive and planned fire alarm system maintenance
· Conduct emergency lighting tests and repairs
· Identify non-repairable faults in plant and machinery and promptly advise the Line Manager of findings, with recommendations regarding suitable replacement.
· Ensure that compliance documentation is completed and up to date at all times
· Advise the on-site customer (manager) of any repair and maintenance issues that are likely to affect the smooth running of the site.
· Carry out minor alterations and installations within the individual’s technical competence in accordance with current specifications.
· Complete general repairs and maintenance to customer sites
· Attend training courses as and where necessary and to ensure personal job skills keep pace with technical developments.
· Comply with the company Health and Safety Policy at all times.
· Represent the company in a professional manner at all times and develop a good working relationship with customer employees
· Work with company and customer employees to ensure laid-down standards of quality are maintained at all times
- Educated to GCSE / Standard Grade level as a minimum, NVQ Level 3/City and guilds 236 Part 1 + 2 or equivalent in electrical installation/Maintenance.
- City and Guilds 2382 17th Edition or 18th edition(new).
- 3 phase electrics and its applications
- Ability to maintain and repair a wide range of electrical and mechanical equipment, e.g. mech plant room, commercial ovens, dishwashers and microwaves
· Speed and efficiency of work
· Valid driving license
· Response to service call requests within agreed response times
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS a re a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.