Job descriptionWe are recruiting for experienced maintenance electricians completing PPM and reactive maintenance on a static site in Manchester. All temp – perm jobs for the ideal candidates. You will be expected to have good all-round knowledge of other FM disciplines. Temp – perm roles, paying £18.00ph PAYE (22 for UMB), Mon-Friday days.
Within the maintenance electrician role you will be working within a team of engineers carrying out all planned preventative and reactive maintenance tasks across the client portfolio. You will be working over a diverse property portfolio therefore a flexible approach is required as you will often be called to carry out or support works that are outside your core discipline.
Duties to include: -
• Planned Pro-Active Maintenance tasks
• LV Distribution Board Inspections
• Nurse Call Systems
• Emergency Lighting Systems
• Reactive Maintenance tasks
• Lights, Sockets, Switches, Door Control Systems, Operating Theatre Lighting Systems, Control Panels etc
• Small Works – Electrical installation work
• Electrical Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installation Work (Experience would be beneficial)
• Assistance with estate High Voltage, Low Voltage Systems and Black Start Tests – resetting of tripped circuits and event aftermath issues
(onsite internal training for all of the above will be carried out to educate staff to the required competency levels)
Skills & Background Required :
Qualified to BS 7671 17th/18th Edition Wiring Regulations
• Proven substantial experience within electrical trade, installation and maintenance work (Previous Healthcare environment would be beneficial but not essential)
• Confident capable engineer able to assess situations
• Self-motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities
• Skilled in the hands-on repair of all plant and equipment, having the ability to fault find, read drawings, diagnose and repair using their technical knowledge on equipment.
• Able to demonstrate an aptitude for problem solving using a logical approach
• Confident and logical under pressure but must understand urgency and respond accordingly
• Attend external and internal courses as required
• Good understanding of Health and Safety at Work regulations.
• Must be computer literate and able to demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills (Ipad use for PPM/RM tasks)
• Must be flexible and able to work additional hours to suit the business needs
• Must be Punctual, Prompt and Professionally Adept within the workplace
• Some experience of electrical inspection and testing is desirable
Be willing to complete DBS and HEP-B inoculation program.
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the APPLY button now.
Please note if you have not had a response within 5 days, then please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.