Job descriptionWe are recruiting for an experienced maintenance electrician to work on a mobile basis across the Newcastle area.
The role is an ongoing contract (with the possibility of transferring to a permanent position) paying £16ph to £20ph . depending on experience and pay method.
Working times are based on 40 - 45 hours per week (door to door pay), Monday to Friday. The role is highly mobile therefore a van will be provided. On call is 1 in 5/6.
Our client are a national building services, FM and commercial maintenance company who are running a prestigious PPM and reactive maintenance contract across large scale commercial facilities.
Within the maintenance electrician role you will be carrying out all planned preventative and reactive maintenance tasks across the client portfolio. You will be working over a diverse property portfolio therefore a flexible approach is required.
- Complete the Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule within agreed timescales and to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately.
- Test and Inspection of all fitted wiring and fixed electrical systems (if 2391)
- Respond promptly and positively to service call requests from the Helpdesk and to assess the requirements of the job and carry out repairs as and where necessary.
- Prioritise electrical maintenance and repair work to achieve agreed timescales and response times.
- Deliver reactive and planned fire alarm system maintenance
- Conduct emergency lighting tests and repairs
- Identify non-repairable faults in plant and machinery and promptly advise the Line Manager of findings, with recommendations regarding suitable replacement.
- Ensure that compliance documentation is completed and up to date at all times
- Advise the on-site customer (manager) of any repair and maintenance issues that are likely to affect the smooth running of the site.
- Carry out minor alterations and installations within the individual’s technical competence in accordance with current specifications.
- Complete general repairs and maintenance to customer sites
- Attend training courses as and where necessary and to ensure personal job skills keep pace with technical developments.
- Comply with the company Health and Safety Policy at all times.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times and develop a good working relationship with customer employees
- Work with company and customer employees to ensure laid-down standards of quality are maintained at all times
Qualifications & Experience:
17th/18th edition qualified electrician
Part 1&2 or level 3 Qualified
Desirable but not essential - 2391 certified with experience of fixed wire testing and reports
Full valid EU driving license
Ideally should be familiar with building services systems and operations Organisational skills regarding paperwork, report generation and helpdesk liaison
What to Do:-
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.