Job descriptionEMEA Senior Business Development Manager (Data Centre Cooling)
£75,000/80,000 + £40k OTE + £600pm Car Allowance
Location: Remote (South UK + Near Airport)
Main Purpose of the Role
This is a senior and high profile position and the successful candidate will be a key member of the Senior Management team. The main operational purpose of the role is to develop, sustain and drive sales of cooling systems into Data Centres across Europe , MEA and APAC. Working closely with the Business unit leader and the Sales Management team to develop the Data Centre Sales Strategy to support the future growth.
- The position reports to the Business Unit Leader
- The position is part of the wider management team and will work with the sales teams and Marketing to generate new opportunities
- This position has no direct reports
- To develop relationships with customers and end users to create demand for products and services
- Provide guidance and insight into the products development road map
- The focus of the role is the Europe – however the rest of the world is not excluded.
- Responsibilities and duties for this role include:
- Develop a plan to target customers and end users in the EMEA and APAC that will increase our data centre presence
- Lead and implement the plan to achieve increased sales and market penetration in Europe ( main growth area).
- Identify target customers, build an information system to identify new opportunities, developing the presentational materials and establishing budgets and timelines.
- Orchestrate presentations to potential customers, drawing on all relevant resources within the structure, negotiate and close sales contracts with these identified customers.
- Maintain and further develop current relationships with key decision-makers.
- Contribute as a member of the team by generating sales with key client groups identified in the sales plan
- Have 5 years’ experience of selling or developing sales in the Data centre sector
- Have a commercial understanding of the product portfolio
- Have a technical understanding of HVAC systems as a whole
- Have a technical and commercial understanding of our competitors’ products
- Engineering knowledge to a minimum of HND or degree
- Proven track record in field sales
- Passion for selling and new business development.
Must be homebased close to an International airport.
There will be a target and bonus scheme. It would be an individual target inclusive of any aftermarket sales sold with the first order. Thereafter ongoing aftermarket sales would be the responsibility of the Aftermarket Director.
It is expected that this position would be occupied by someone who could be a future Commercial Director , Sales Director or Managing Director. Some of these opportunities will open up in the next few years.
A travel budget would be assigned to the role – it is expected that there would be a high amount of travel around the main DC areas Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Paris and Dublin.
In order to maximize the opportunity it is anticipated that a level of technical support will be required for the BDM role. Initially this support will be provided through out internal sales function – as the work grows however it may be necessary to allocate dedicated resource reporting directly to the BDM.