Job descriptionEnergy & Water Engineer
£40,000 - £42,500
PRS are working with a long term client of ours to find a candidate fit for their vacancy for an Energy & Water Engineer. In the role of Energy & Water Engineer, you will have day to day responsibility working in support of the asset management operations team, the role is to carry out monitoring and analysis of built assets and building systems plant data in support of the client’s overall sustainability objectives.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Undertake monitoring and analysis of energy and water consumption data from built assets and plant systems in order to advise on their optimum operation and to help inform the focus of operations and maintenance activities;
- Contribute to periodic environmental reporting requirements for client and legislative requirements;
- Working closely with the data analysis team and using the available data platform to provide insights for the creation of initiatives to improve environmental performance and for forecasting;
- Work with commissioners and contribute to continuous commissioning from environmental performance perspective in order to ensure client aspirations are met in design and construction;
- Support the delivery and ongoing maintenance of environmental compliance requirements for all applicable schemes (e.g. BREEAM, EUETS, A4WS, RHI etc.);
- Assist client to remain informed of emerging opportunities, technologies, and initiatives in order to assess their viability and implement as necessary.
- Undertake and report on internal energy, water and environmental audits across the property portfolio and liaise with external auditors;
- Contribute to the upskilling and training of wider team members in order to increase the environmental awareness throughout the asset management operations team;
- Contribute to environmental outreach and publicity efforts by authoring stories and sharing knowledge of the environmental aspects of our work and the built assets we maintain;
- Promote energy and water efficiency and provide advice and support for the development of energy and water efficient practices and author procedures as required;
- Be responsible and proactive in compliance issues;
- Provide full feasibility studies of costed initiatives / projects to reduce energy and water usage and/or supply;
- Maintain a current level of utility market intelligence through networking, seminars and industry training.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following traits
- Self-motivated, with a high level of personal integrity;
- Confident at working independently, with an ability to self-start;
- Able to work well both in a team and alone;
- Confident at working with all levels within the company;
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Organised, able to prioritise and deliver within a critical environment;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Flexible in adapting to changing priorities;
- Able to work at height;
- Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.