Job descriptionEngineering Manager
London – Wembley
£55,000 to £60,000
Engineering Manager operating and running the day-to-day M&E services at a prestigious location in Wembley. You will be required to provide operational and commercial management of the contract and sites and support the customer as necessary. You will build on customer relationships and develop your team to provide outstanding customer service whilst at all times endorsing the companies and the end customers brand and uphold the company image at all times.
Specific duties are:
- To show full profitability of contract portfolio in line with customers’ expectations.
- To engage with the customer and interact as an ambassador of the client in a professional manner.
- Effective management of Engineers to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Carry out team appraisals.
- Site logbooks to be maintained; site safety compliance and documents updated.
- Supporting the customer with new quoted works and small projects in addition to the baseline contract.
- Produce and issue quoted works obtaining costs from 3rd parties where applicable.
- Build a close working relationship with the customer to drive and deliver further business opportunities by supporting the customers reactive and quoted budget requirements.
- To implement, observe and comply with all good working practices and to ensure compliance within the Health & Safety and statutory regulations.
- To ensure the Technical Building Services Maintenance function is delivered within budget and monthly company and customer reports are produced accurately.
- To produce monthly management reports.
- Must implement all statutory and legislative policies to ensure compliance.
- To manage and execute all Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks and minor project works on all sites in line with the contract scope, ensuring full PPM compliance at all times
- Ensure all PPMs are completed within the month issued for.
- To ensure SLA and KPI’s are achieved by our staff in line with our contracts.
- To ensure all statutory PPMs and activities are carried out on time.
- The management and execution of all reactive/emergency tasks and minor project work on the site/sites in line with the contract.
- To manage all 3rd party resources working on the portfolio.
- To undertake a full monthly site audit and to follow up urgently on any non-conformance issues.
- To manage all procurement requirements on the site/sites.
- To ensure professional and concise day to day operational interaction with the client/clients on the sites.
- To attend where practicable the Client meetings as directed by the customer and your Facilities Manager.
- Support Engineers, Admin and other internal staff in their roles through effective communication.
- Deputise and support Facilities Manager, in addition, provide Duty Manager Site cover on a weekend shift rota
- Must have a technical building services maintenance background with at least five years of industry experience in managing contracts and the associated P&L that would include small project works across multiple sites in a similar or related role.
- Industry recognised qualifications in M & E.
- You will be able to demonstrate a strong customer-focused, commercial understanding; financial and people skills capabilities.
- Presentation, communication and planning skills and computer skills using Microsoft Office: (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).