Job descriptionEngineering Manager
PRS are pleased to be working with one of our key clients on this high-profile site in Cambridge for an Engineering Manager to deliver the M&E Service contract. In the role of Engineering Manager you will be operating in a highly critical position essential to the delivery of the M&E Services.
The role duties include:
- Responsible for overseeing all operational matters relating to the effective Plant and Equipment Maintenance on the site and ensuring that the Safety Rules and Procedures are adhered to by all site personnel within the specified team.
- Liaison with Contract Manager and Client to ensure all maintenance work is carried out in accordance with site policies and procedures and within health and safety legislative requirements.
- Ownership of key plant areas
- Ensuring all records are updated and maintained to standards required.
- Planning the work for the team and allocating tasks (PPMS and Reactive ) to the team.
- Quality Checks on works completed by team.
- Liaison with Key stakeholders in arranging intricate works on site.
- Productivity Management of the team.
- Ensuring team has PDP in place and adequate training is planned and booked.
- After appointment by the AE carryout the duties of Authorised Person (AP) HV-LV Electrical systems, Confined Space, Systems etc, dependent upon your qualifications
- Deputise and act as Contract Manager as directed by the Account Manager
- Provide guidance and advice on contractors RAMS for none-routine works on site, as required.
- To carryout assessment of Contractors competencies, as required.
- Give advice to Contract Manager on Technical Competencies required to fulfil the Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance requirements and, as necessary, arrange Technical Training for Site Staff.
- Development and review of site policies and procedures relating to the maintenance of installed plant and equipment ensuring that these are agreed with the BU Technical Manager and Divisional Technical Director/CAE before being implemented.
- Identify and develop training plans specific to installed equipment to facilitate training of site engineers and for staff development
- Ensure all matters relating to Health and Safety legislative requirements are fully documented and understood by all site staff and subcontractors involved in the maintenance of plant and equipment ensuring that advise has been taken from the HSE Manager and BU Technical Manager.
- Assist in the development and adherence to method statements, ensuring best working practices are established and maintained.
- Work with sub contractors involved in plant and equipment maintenance to ensure highest possible standards of maintenance are achieved
- Liaise with site and client management during any emergency operations or procedures
- Assist client with resolution of technical matters arising from installed equipment or maintenance of this equipment taking advise from the BU Technical Manager, as required.
Skills and qualifications for the role include:
- Preferably be an apprenticed trained engineer who has recognized technical qualifications in Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering and preferably working towards Incorporated Engineering registration with CIBSE or IET or IMechE or another approved engineering body and having several years (minimum 5 years) experience as a Supervisor of M&E Works.
- Man Management experience for teams.
- IOSH or equivalent health and safety qualification, preferred.
- A good knowledge of Building Management Systems; Fire Alarm Systems and General Building Services (Electrical; AC; Boilers; Water Systems; Chillers; Generators; UPS’s, etc.)
- Exhibit at all times an awareness of safety procedures and practices
- Show diligence in safe working Methods both for staff and occupants of the premises we are working in.
- Impart knowledge and safety training to all members of staff as required