Job descriptionEngineering Manager required for one of London's most prestigious buildings, whilst the successful candidate will already have a strong technical background within a hard services environment and ideally have some previous exposure to working in a tower it's more important for the person to be an ambitious and driven individual that wants to push there career forward to a Chartered Engineer status which the company will fully support. Additionally you will be politically astute, have a high level of energy, be self- starter, confident and stable in manner, organised, able to prioritise and deliver within high pressure, business environments. The role itself will entail:
Ensure satisfactory delivery of services against contractual terms and conditions, meeting and exceeding client expectations and ensuring the contractual expectations are achieved. Ensure the availability of all critical systems to minimise the risk to the client’s business and ensure all maintenance work is carried out in accordance with client and company policies and procedures and within health and safety legislative requirements.
• Ensure client satisfaction levels are at a constantly high level, leading to development of the contract to increase the portfolio/contract responsibilities
• Ensure contractual P&L levels are obtained and superseded and an in-depth knowledge of the contract is maintained and demonstrated on the internal monthly contractual review meetings with their line manager and Head of Building Services
• Ensure contractually agreed KPI’s / SLA’s are met
• Produce monthly reports detailing contractual performance, identifying variations to budgets and measures to deploy to bridge any gap
• Attend strategic contractual/operational meetings with the client on a weekly basis, or as required
• Ensure all equipment is maintained to the highest standard
• Ensure successful completion of all reactive and PPM works orders to ensure timely completion and close out, meeting KPI’s and SLA’s as necessary
• Ensure necessary Health and Safety compliance is achieved across the contract in line with Client policy documents, and that all statutory and company reporting procedures are met
• Ensure Subcontractors perform to the highest levels and that performance reviews are regularly undertaken including regular meetings with sub-contractor managers
• Ensure training plans are developed and met for all the engineering team
• Ensuring extra works are identified, quoted and executed in a timely manner and that required account P&L levels are met
• Ensure company processes and systems are deployed and used correctly on site
• Manage the engineering team and be responsible for performance management, recruitment, development and appraisals, succession plans and team welfare
• Provide leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support to the engineering team to deliver the highest standard of service; including use of best practice, selection, training, assessment and recognition/reward
• Have the ability to present contractual and financial information to the client and internal Management via a boardroom presentation format.
• Ensure optimum staffing levels for contract, balancing cost reduction with the delivery of service excellence. Ensure structures support peaks and troughs in workload, and disaster recovery
• Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts
• Provide a learning environment, and appropriate training and development planning. Ensure basic training needs are delivered, employees are fully competent to undertake their roles, and are able to reach their full future potential
- A good general education is essential, ideally to degree standard but possibly to HND level.
- Training Incumbents must be able to demonstrate a career showing continuous personal development.
- Up to date technical knowledge of ACOP’s, fire and environmental control measures, building control requirements, and the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Managerial experience at Contract Manager or Senior Supervisor level within the hard services business is essential.
- Practical experience must include recruitment and line management/supervisory experience.
- It would be desirable to also have some delivery of wider facilities management services experience.
- The development and review of teams, appraisal, and the application of effective people management practice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Numerate and computer literate.
Remuneration - The client is expected to pay a competitive salary in the region of £70,000 basic plus excellent benefits inc Free Gymnasium, pension, bonus but probably more importantly the opportunity to work in a flagship building whilst obtaining a commitment to aid further career progression and educational support to Chartered status.