Job descriptionEngineering Manager –Data Centre – £62k + Houndslow
The technical governance and maintenance of the Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) infrastructure of the Data Centre as part of the Technical Operations team.
Duties include, but not limited to:
· Supervising the maintenance and operational activities across the Campuses located in Houndslow.
· Commissioning and testing of new infrastructure including the review and approval of associated documentation.
· Management of the Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule (PPM).
· Managing and approving maintenance spend in-line with Campus budgets
· Change Management
· Business Case preparation
· Project Management associated with infrastructure upgrades
· Life Cycle Replacement planning activities.
· Managing audits for maintenance contractor
· Translating risk explanation to the non-technical client
Key tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that each new building / data centre meets the quality standard required for transition from construction into the live service.
- Review and monitor the maintenance contractors and third party supplier’s activities to ensure they have achieved the required quality standard.
- Ensure Service availability and contracted Service Levels (SLA) are met across the site.
- Manage and oversee the maintenance requirements within the buildings.
- Ensure that all risks to data centres M&E are effectively managed.
- Maintain safe working practices and ensure that Health and Safety objectives are met.
- Ensure effective cross campus maintenance standards are met.
- Ensure that there is adequate information available allowing the operational teams to deliver the maintenance successfully.
- Provide technical support and assistance to operational staff in the progression and closure of incidents.
- Ensure that all incidents are logged and correctly progressed in accordance with Framework.
- Assist in Route Cause Analysis (RCA) reviews as outlined within Incident Management best practices and governance.
- Ensure all operational changes are impacted and implemented in accordance with Framework.
- Work closely with 3rd party contractors to incorporate lessons learned into future designs.
- Contribute to an on-call escalation rota to provide enhanced technical support 24/7.
- Ensure all technical knowledge is transferred from the design and build phase to the operational teams in the live environment.
- Support the training and development of operations staff.
- Contribute, as the technical authority, on all M&E projects being planned and that are in delivery providing progress reports into Operations
- Review and write Technical Changes as required
- Review and write Technical Operations manuals, standards and processes as required.
- Support, develop and participate in emergency scenario testing/training.
- Identify and manage any technical risks associated with the delivery of new builds and to ensure these are transferred to the risk register following the Risk Management Module (RMMS) approach.
- To have overview of all technical projects
- Sign off mechanical & electrical extra works expenditure in accordance with local procedures.
- To work closely with Chief Information Officer (CIO) & construction teams to contribute any operational and build lessons learned into future designs.
- HNC/HND or higher in a Mechanical or Electrical discipline or Building Services.
- Management/Leadership Qualification.
- Attention to detail and a passion for excellence.
- To work closely with the engineering & operational team providing technical support to deliver the projects to plan.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Self-motivated but also a strong team player.
- Effective Communications skills;
- Including the ability to define and explain requirements in a technical manner
- Organise and structure information so that it is accessible, intelligible and up to date.
- Confident of own knowledge/ability.
- Ability to work in confidence, as required, to meet commercially sensitive and secure business standards.
- Thorough and analytical approach to work and ability to finish a job.
- Projects experience – Commissioning, testing and associated documentation
- Experience in Change Management
- Experience in Problem & Incident Management (Remedy).
The above Experience, Skills and Qualifications are not all essential and in many cases are desirable. The ideal candidate should be able to provide evidence of these traits whether that be in the form of physical qualifications or by proof of experiential learning.