Job descriptionEngineering Operations Manager
PRS are working with a national FM service provider to recruit for an Engineering Operations Manager to oversee the technical delivery of Hard FM services. The contract is on a large manufacturing site and you will have a team of engineers to ensure the high standards of M&E Services for the client.
In the role you will provide functional and operational Technical management and support to the site lead. Other functions of the role include:
- Build and develop customer relationships and business opportunities across site, ensuring that Technical Services are being delivered in a safe, compliant, diligent and cost-effective manner.
- To facilitate the safe and efficient delivery of any required project work.
- Management of service delivery of all Reactive & Programmed maintenance, in accordance with statutory legislation and Client requirements, complying with all Health and Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Management of team and Supply Chain performance to ensure that all Reactive and Planned Maintenance key performance indicators are consistently achieved within area of responsibility.
- Ensuring that all documentation relating to Reactive and Planned Maintenance is distributed in a timely manner and recorded against the appropriate assets in the CAFM and IMS systems.
- Overseeing and managing the Statutory Compliance within area of responsibility, ensuring that any overdue Statutory and Mandatory Tasks are adequately mitigated for risk following consultation with Client Representatives.
- Identifying opportunities on establishments to support the Net Zero carbon reduction targets.
Scope of position – supervision of on-site maintenance team including:
- Hands on Repairs and Maintenance of plant and equipment within skillset
- Preparation and review of permits to work and completion of technical risk assessments
- Evaluation of sub-contractors RAMs and supervision of contractors as required.
- Allocation of daily workloads and tasks to site team.
- Ensure team are completing tasks within required KPIs and Statutory Documentation is completed
- Ensure site processes and polices are being followed by all team members and contractors.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following:
- NEBOSH Certificate in Construction Safety
- Minimum of City & Guilds Craft Qualification Certificate and demonstrable experience in a trade discipline (Electrical or Mechanical )
- Numerate and Literate with developed communication skills
- Flexible with the ability to work under pressure whilst looking for continual improvements to service delivery
- Ability to grasp requirements effectively and to relate to the service provisions of the Contract
Desirable / Supporting Technical Qualifications and Competencies:
- Have held an Authorised Person (Trade Discipline Specific)
- Certification in Risk Assessment
If you would like to discuss this role in further detail please send through a CV and I will be in touch in due course.