Job descriptionEngineering Services Manager
£50,000 to £53,000
PRS are pleased to be working with this major client of ours in their recruitment for an Engineering Services Manager for a contract they manage in the Buckinghamshire area. The role of Engineering Services Manager is to oversee the delivery of the Hard FM Services to this corporate client.
Our client have an excellent opportunity for an Engineering Services Manager to join their team on a well-established prestigious client site in Bucks. You must have relevant qualifications in Building Services Engineering and a proven track record in a similar role. We are looking for a business savvy professional with a good financial sense and great ability to spot business opportunities and capitalize on them. You would drive growth and own technical services delivery.
- Responsible for service delivery for all aspects of technical service delivery on site, interaction with local customers to ensure high level of customer satisfaction and service delivery improvement initiatives and follow up any customer complaints.
- Responsible for assisting in good budget management.
- Assisting in good H&S compliance, statutory compliance and completion of remedials.
- Assisting with building management H&S activities, such as fire safety systems, SSOW, BCP, environmental risk assessments and accurate asset information.
- Ensure co-ordination and planning for all area tasks, through the use of systems such as Maximo.
- Assist the implementation of maintenance best practice techniques in their area, including the Asset Management Framework.
- The role holder will be expected to respond to emergency calls.
- The role holder will assist in the development of energy improvement plans and capital improvement projects.
- To drive performance improvement in technical services on site.
- Ensuring that all aspects of the business are conducted in accordance with all relevant statutory requirements and Codes of Practice.
- Establish industry networks to ensure continuous improvement and to provide insight through the effective use of market data and operational/technical delivery techniques.
- To ensure continuous improvement of the service through techniques such as RCA’s, PDR’s, lean processes.
- To ensure completion of Facility Condition Assessment and propose business cases for asset replacement to support site financial forecasting.
- To support delivery of Facility Energy Plans & promote Energy strategy in line with Client targets.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree or HNC / HND in Building Services Engineering or time-served trade experience
- Have good practical skills and be able to find pragmatic solutions to day to day issues
- Proven record of successful line management
- Able to represent the client both internally and with clients
- IOSH managing safely or equivalent (or willingness to undertake and complete successfully within 3 months from commencement of employment)
- Excellent client relationship management skills