Job descriptionEstate Manager
£45,000 - £50,000
PRS are pleased to be working with this leading Managing Agent in their recruitment for an Estate Manager to run a large commercial business park located in Hounslow. In the role of Estate Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of services to clients on site using the contractors and suppliers, and be the visible face of the contract with an excellent customer-centric approach.
Brilliant basics are essential, ensuring consistency of delivery across teams, regardless of function. Accurate reporting and time management are fundamental to the role to ensure successful delivery of the business objectives.
Provide a great customer experience in ensuring all aspects of customer service are taken care of to the highest standards. Innovation is key, making best use of technology and empowering staff to ensure we operate effectively in a challenging business environment, pushing to be the market leaders. Driving and delivering a collaborative, inspiring and engaging leadership team to ensure a one team approach.
Main Duties of the role:
- Ensure that all staff deliver excellent customer service at all times to all stakeholders and visitors
- Develop strong relationships with Occupiers
- Adhere to all key performance indicators as set
- Be the liaison point within the local business community and develop strong community links
- Ensure that the site is maintained to an excellent standard and all third-party contractors are carrying out their work to an appropriate standard
- Ensure that all works, and contracts are tendered, scheduled, communicated and processed thoroughly becoming the first contact on advice, support and the practical application for those contracts
- Ensure that the site and all its people are safe and legally compliant at all times including any works are carried out in a safe manner
- Ensure that strong lines of communication are developed with all stakeholders – owners, asset managers, managing agents, occupiers, contractors, customers, local groups, council, neighbour’s
- Ensure that the Estate is maintained to an appropriate standard and within agreed annual budgets
- Attend all meetings as is required by the Managing Agent / Asset Manager / Owner
Specific Management Responsibilities
- Keep managing Agent / Landlord fully informed of all management, marketing, leasing and operational activities
- Ensure high levels of customer service are provided at all times
- Prepare and submit to the Management Surveyor a brief weekly report / update
- Maintain accurate records of correspondence, lease information, contractors on site, file notes on all meetings with Occupiers and any other relevant information that should be maintained to provide a proper audit trail
- Ensure that each retailer adheres to their lease and Occupier Rules and Regulations.
- Be fully conversant with all relevant health and safety legislation.
- Comply with all H&S Regulations
- Implement all operational systems and procedures in accordance with the Standard Operational Procedures and Systems Manual.
- Maintain the service charge properties to the very highest of standards.
- Minimise the Liability Risk exposure of the Owner.
- Maintain all plant and equipment to the required standards.
- Ensure that all contractors satisfy the insurance requirements as required under the Public Liability Policy.
- Ensure that all operations and maintenance undertaken confirms with the relevant health & safety legislative requirements
- Ensure that all operations and maintenance undertaken conforms with any other relevant legislative requirement applicable
- Ensure that all operations and maintenance undertaken by the contractors conforms with the specifications agreed
- Keep up to date with any Program Maintenance Schedule
- Ensure that any S.106 obligations are updated as necessary, including but not limited to updating the site wide travel plan at two-year intervals from the site opening.
The Estate Manager must have previous experience managing similar schemes and fulfil the criteria listed above. Specific skills and knowledge include but are not limited to;
- Excellent leader and team worker with a flexible approach to work
- Excellent IT skills, including Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.
- Be adaptable and a good team player
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills