Job descriptionWe are looking to recruit a Senior Estimator to work for a highly regarded Facilties company in the Yorkshire area.
On Offer: This is a permanent role paying up to 60k basic plus package
Identify full scope and timescale of works and create the required project work tender breakdown structure.
Working on refurbishment, lifecycle and building services projects within a large estates portfolio. Projects include HVAC, Building Works, M&E and general Fabric
Assist in the provision of information to enable drawings to be prepared.
Liaise with client to clarify scope of projects and arrange pre contract information. Oversee and provide buying assistance to site managers and collate sub-contractors.
The successful candidate will have 5+ years as an Estimator
Job Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Sector and Categorise the supply chain companies into groups based on service product
- Work off technical drawings, building/project/design plans and take offs
- Liaise with project managers and QS teams
- Provide estimation of logistics, supplies, equipment and overheads
- Generate Rebates / Discounts with strategic suppliers and sub-contractors
- Seek self delivery opportunities of core services as opposed to sub-contracting (margin improvements)
- Prepare regular reports for the Commercial & Supply Chain Manager to demonstrate procurement improvements and margin improvements
- Meet with suppliers and sub-contractors to create strategic framework agreements
- Promote a more strategic view across the business to consolidate expenditure with preferred supply chain companies to gain volume leverage benefits
- Work in conjunction with The Client and subsidiary Group on procurement initiatives to implement within the business
- Ensure compliance with the Quality Management System, and be instrumental in leading and implementing the procedures and instructions.
- Estimator experience
- working on technical drawings / take offs and building/project plans
- Supply Chain Activity experience
- Background within the construction / new build
- Self motivated
- Flexible, innovative & assertive
- Full Driving License
- This job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder's role and/or the needs of the business.
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.