Job descriptionPRS Southampton are currently supporting our nationally recognised and market leading client in their search for an experienced Project Estimator.
This is a full time role operating between the hours of 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
To be an integral part of the Design, Estimating and Development Team in meeting Sales Targets for projects across the portfolios with an Electrical bias.
- To manage the bid and resource co-ordination process involving both direct and indirect staff management.
- From Tender Execution, through Adjudication of the works before submission including the handing over of a secured project, Estimating to Operations
- Propose innovative solutions to deliver client requirements with the support of the PM lead and SMEs within the business.
- To have industry knowledge in Fabric, Mechanical and Electrical delivery to keep abreast of competitors methodologies and emerging innovations
- Provide information and prepare and compilation of proposal submissions including solution and option appraisal of the project to identify valid and viable commercial delivery options, with support from the commercial team.
- Proactive approach to the continuous improvement in communications, management procedures and systems to maximise profitability and improve project efficiencies.
- Management of the implementation of ‘best practice’ arising from consultation and liaison with external bodies and the organisations SMEs.
- The utilisation of the SOPs that the organisation have developed and continue to utilising the Integrated Management System and the O365 Platform.
- Use of the organisations PMF Estimating package / system to verify validity of bids.
- Obtaining specialist subcontractor costs.
- Be able to take off labour and materials for any self delivery we look to implement.
- Read and understand the client Invitation to Tender and replicate the same for our supply chain via the Form of Enquiry. Developing our own FOE on design builds where briefs have been adopted for our customers.
- Scope the works to ensure there are no gaps between different disciplines.
- Working for the Head of Design, Estimating and Development and the wider team, ensuring we focus on the bids that the project Steering Group and National Programme Projects Director highlights as focus bids.
- Labour loading of asset information.
- Attend site visits as required across the UK as part of the bid process.
- Assist in the production of correspondence and documentation.
- Update Pipeline Reporting System and to contribute, to the generation of Project Enquiry Management Tool, utilising SmartSheets to generate the same.
- Organise and attend the Adjudication of projects
- Progressing submitted tenders with the wider team and lead PM
- Assist in formulation of tender returns.
- Establishing agreed benchmarks for performance, developing a set a square meter rates catalogue for all aspects of project works.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to HNC/HND Standard (or equivalent).
- Extensive experience within the Built Environment Industry.
- Excellent management experience.
- Good IT Skills to include O365 platforms, TEAMs, OneDrive, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the estimating package Amtech