Job descriptionPRS are currently looking to recruit an experienced Fabric Engineer to join a critical static site in Reading.
Due to the nature of this site, the successful Fabric Engineer must be able to pass an enhanced DBS Check.
As a Fabric Engineer, your duties will include:
- PPM and reactive repairs to fabric building maintenance to include – basic joinery, patch plastering, painting, brickwork repair, basic wet plumbing etc.
- General handyperson duties such as – unblocking toilets, site clearances, general upkeep, lighting checks and supply gathering
- To assist the maintenance engineers in electrical and mechanical maintenance where required
- General Building work operations on small works projects
- Client liaison and coordination with the facility managers
- Periodic stock take and audit of maintenance consumables and materials, Legionella prevention, tap temps and TMV checks
Previous experience of fabric maintenance and/or general building trades. This would include a sound Joinery, Building and Painting working knowledge.
NVQ Level 2 in Carpentry.
This position is Monday - Friday 08:00 - 17:00.
In return, the fabric engineer will be paid an attractive salary of up to £24,000 depending on experience.