Job descriptionWe are recruiting for an experienced Fabric Maintenance Engineer to work on a mobile basis across the York and North Yorkshire area.
You will be part of a maintenance Team providing a quality building maintenance service for the Company and the sites. To carry out fabric maintenance and repairs to the facilities within set timescales in a manner that demonstrates customer care and a high standard of quality, efficiency and compliance with customer requirements.
The maintenance role is a permanent position working Mon-Fri 40 hours per week. Salary is form 26-28k depending on qualification and experience level. Plus van and rail pass etc. For qualified plumbers the salary can move into 30k+
Your main duties will encompass carrying out various manual and skilled tasks to include:
· PPM and reactive repairs to fabric building maintenance to include – joinery, patch plastering, painting, brickwork repair
- the role is open to plumbers as the position can involve (and be tailored for) plumbing work for the suitable candidate
· The role will also involve general handyperson duties such as – unblocking toilets, site clearances, general upkeep, lamping checks and supply gathering
· To assist the maintenance engineers in electrical and mechanical maintenance where required
· General Building work operations on small works projects
· Client liaison and coordination with the facility managers
· Periodic stock take and audit of maintenance consumables and materials
The candidate should have previous experience of fabric maintenance and general plumbing works
This would include a sound basic Joinery, Building and Plumbing working knowledge.
Ideally to have a trade qualification
· Presentable and articulate, able to work closely with staff at all levels
· Experience of commercial buildings and maintenance operations
· A willingness to assist in non-skilled tasks and general labouring duties
- valid driving license
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.