Job descriptionWe are recruiting for a fabric maintenance operative to work on a static site in Edinburgh, EH10 postcode area covering all general low level fabric maintenance tasks. You will be working on a medical facility so will be required to hold a basic DBS/PVG, start date is 01.03.21 for 3 months.
Pay rate is £12.00ph on a PAYE basis. Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm with 30 mins unpaid lunch break
Your main duties will encompass carrying out various manual and skilled tasks to include:
· PPM and reactive repairs to fabric building maintenance to include – basic joinery, patch plastering, painting, basic wet plumbing etc.
· The role will also involve general handyperson duties such as – unblocking toilets, site clearances, general upkeep, lamping checks and supply gathering
· To assist the maintenance engineers in electrical and mechanical maintenance where required
· General Building work operations on small works projects
· Client liaison and coordination with the facility managers
· Periodic stock take and audit of maintenance consumables and materials
Legionella prevention, tap temps and TMV checks
Must have fabric maintenance / handyperson skills
driving license and own vehicle essential due to on-call nature
Recent DBS (basic) or disclosure scotland
The candidate should have previous experience of fabric maintenance and/or general building trades. This would include a sound Joinery, Building and Painting working knowledge.
Presentable and articulate, able to work closely with staff at all levels
Experience of commercial buildings and maintenance operations
A willingness to assist in non-skilled tasks and general labouring duties
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors. To request further information on our active vacancies please visit our website www.prsjobs.com
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.