Job descriptionWe are recruiting for a client facing Contract Manager with an excellent pedigree in Hard Facilities Services delivery. The role is to provide a stable and professional link between the technical service, compliance teams and a national end user.
The position is a permanent role paying 55k basic plus bonus potential (c 20%) and CA (c 5k). The candidate can be based anywhere across the M62/M6 cross and cover a regional portfolio of North West/West Yorks and Scotland. Part working from home and part field based you will ensure a smooth delivery of M&E maintenance, building services, compliance and Lifecyle obligations/requirements are met.
Contract Manager Description:
· Provide leadership and ensure that contractual commitments are met and exceeded.
· Ensure that opportunities for the strategic development of the contract are exploited, to deliver increased turnover and profitability, ensure additional services and projects are added, and contracts are re-won on re-tender.
· Ensuring business policies and processes are effectively communicated and implemented within the contract.
· Ensure the provision of health and safe working conditions, and that both clients and Company health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented across both client services and sub-contractors’ activities and are regularly reviewed.
· Ensure all appropriate PPM and reactive tasks are undertaken in a timely manner, to limit KPI failures
· Chair client meetings and supply and present monthly performance reports
· Ensure optimum staffing structures operate across contracts, balancing cost reduction with the delivery of service excellence. Ensure structures support peaks and troughs in workload, and disaster recovery.
· Ensure contracts are staffed by fully competent teams, ensuring post holders are fully competent, and that effective succession planning arrangements are in place.
· Working with other Operational managers to ensure the collaborative development of the business, effective team-working, and support to colleagues.
· Working in accordance with financial plans for revenue and profit delivery, reduction of WIP, debt, cost reduction and contract growth, and ensure that these are met and exceeded.
· Ensure appropriate control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
· Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts.
· Provision of leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support, where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment and recognition/reward.
· Delivering effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution
· Supporting the sales process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings, hosting visits, and support to mobilisation as required on new contracts.
· Provide a learning environment, and appropriate training and development planning. Ensure basic training needs are delivered, employees are fully competent to undertake their roles, and can reach their full future potential
· Provide support to other regions during periods of annual leave/sickness
· Deliver internal Contract Reviews on Regional performance/risks and opportunities
· Line management responsibility for a contract team and indirectly for relevant sub-contractors.
· Financial responsibility for the delivery of commitments for the contract.
· 5 years + experience of working for a facilities management company, providing hard services
· Strong team management skills
· Excellent organisation / prioritisation
· Strong H&S culture – IOSH or NEBOSH (desirable but not essential)
· Strong Microsoft Office skills
· Ideally Electrical / Mechanical qualifications but not essential
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.