Job descriptionFacilities Manager – Shopping Centre
PRS are pleased to be working with this specialist FM Services Provider in their recruitment search for an exceptional Facilities Manager to run their vibrant, developing, and growing Shopping Centre site based in West London. In the role of Facilities Manager, you will be overseeing the Soft FM service delivery on the site including the security, cleaning and waste management.
The site is a mixed-use development that includes over 75 retail units including restaurants, cafés, library, gym, residential flats, two multi floor office buildings and 7 floor multi-storey car park
This challenging and exciting site involves managing a team of 40 across multiple disciplines. The successful candidate will bring a people focussed, professional and innovative approach that will challenge and motivate the team to deliver an excellent customer service experience.
- Total responsibility for the facilities management service on site.
- Managing, training, disciplining and mentoring the onsite facilities support team.
- Monitoring of contractor’s SLAs and KPIs including target responsibilities.
- Liaise with Regional Manager in producing and managing the site budget.
- Liaise with Finance Team regarding development and identification of budget.
- Monitor facilities related spending against budget and forecast.
- Review facilities supplier contract agreements and commercial terms and conditions.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation.
- Regular facilities update meetings with both Client and site-based staff.
- Develop effective relationships with client ensuring their satisfaction with service delivery and meet regularly with your Client Management team.
- To assist in the development of business initiatives including contract renewal strategy, contract management plan and customer improvement plan.
- To lead excellent communications throughout the contract and to champion the motivation for all staff. Being prepared to undertake any such duties, which may be necessary to ensure the successful operation of the contract and the good name of the Company.
- Updating and collating information for Client reporting via KPI dashboard.
- Monitoring of Concept Evolution helpdesk system.
- Ensure all activity and processes are carried out in line with the company operations manual.
- To ensure all work is carried out in a safe, robust and thorough manner taking into account Health and safety legislation, Incentive FM policies and procedures, risk assessments and method statements.
- The job holder will have control of a direct budget.
- Responsibility to recruit, train and discipline staff as required in line with company policies.
- Develop the service delivery within the agreed budgets.
Skills and Experience
Good experience of working within a customer facing environment is a requirement for this position along with exceptional administration skills. Specific competencies within this general requirement include the following:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational and influencing skills.
- Experience at Management level.
- Experience of facilities management within a retail environment.
- Relevant H&S Qualification (IOSH, NEBOSH etc).
- Must be able to work on own initiative with a proactive and flexible attitude.
- The ability to communicate effectively with the clients and the teams.
- Organised individual who can demonstrate a record of planning and managing workflows.
- Outstanding leadership skills inspiring interpersonal effectiveness to lead the team.
- Able to effect change; willing and able to be a “doer” and “influencer”
- Demonstrated passion for the brand.