Job descriptionCurrently working with a good client of PRS to recruit an experienced Fire Alarm & Access Control Engineer
to cover London and the surrounding areas, this ideal candidate will be based near the M25 due to logistics.
Duties of the Fire & Security Engineer will be
- To undertake the installation of large and small Fire(Detection Alarms, Aspirating, PA/VA, & FT/DR) & Security(Access Control, CCTV, ANPR, & IDS) systems with the quality of an experienced electrician.
- Experience and knowledge of Fire & Security systems is beneficial, and a desire to learn new technical skills with a dynamic approach is key.
- Installation of Fire & Security equipment and associated cabling, and containment to the relevant British Standard and compliant with governing authorities
- Ownership and accountability to deliver projects from start through to handover. Manage resource, materials, and plant effectively upkeep and on time delivery of documentation
Requirements of the Engineer;
- Proven experience within Fire alarm installation and Access Control
- Valid full driving licence
- A team player with the ability to work from their own initiative
- City and Guilds 236 parts 1&2 electrical installation or equivalent
- Proven ability to install containment and cabling specifically related to fire detection and alarm systems
- Proven experience on working in industrial environments
- 18th Edition Electrical qualification
- Proven knowledge on relevant Fire standards BS 5839 Pt 1 – 2017, BS 6266 Pt 1 – 2013, BS 7273 Standards
- Trained to FIA standards Units 1 (Fire Detection Design), Unit 4 (Installation and Testing)