Job descriptionOur client is currently recruiting a Quantity Surveyor/Cost Controller to join their Hard Services, Facilities & infrastructure services business in Plymouth.
The Cost Controller/QS will be reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager, Facilities and Infrastructure Services and will be part of the Commercial Team providing support to the Maintenance Contract.
· Support the work mobilisation team in the successful mobilisation of the initial contract and further extensions to scope etc.
· Development of contract service delivery plans and the briefing of these to the operational delivery team.
· Working with Finance to set up the formal reporting for the contract.
· Support the procurement of the supply chain and take responsibility for the management of the on-going supply chain.
· Build and maintain relationships with key clients and suppliers.
· Support the development of associated commercial process and procedures and the briefing of these to the operational team.
· Manage the monthly applications and ensure that the business is securing full entitlement.
· Identify, manage and report on the delivery of key contractual obligations
· Commercially responsible for projects and additional works from the maintenance contract.
· Manage Change Requests from the Client and compile re-pricing of the contract as required.
· BSc Quantity Surveying or Construction related degree
· Relevant quantity surveying or construction experience in a similar role , preference from a maintenance and service background
· MRICS or similar Commercial Qualification (Desirable)