Job descriptionWe are recruiting for an experienced Grounds-person / Greenkeeper to provide maintenance and upkeep services to a large landscaped estate in the Chester area. You will be working for a world wide, renowned facilities company who provides this service and all associated FM to the site.
The job will largely entail: soft ground-working, green and lawn maintenance, basic horticultural upkeep, exterior maintenance, basic landscaping.
General handyperson and interior fabric maintenance will also be required. It is a permanent role and is paying circa £22,000 depending on experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
The groundsman / greenkeeper will be required to:
- Ensure that Planned Preventative Ground and Horticultural Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules and industry best practices.
- Identify any issues and defects found to Line Manager.
- Attend site and carry out reactive repairs to landscape aspects
- Operate ride-on mowers, push mowers, strimmers, and associated kit
- To clear litter, leaves and debris from around the site, and clean up spillages as required.
- Emptying of general waste, recycling and cigarette bins, sweeping
- To ensure that gullies, drains etc. are kept free from debris
- Use appropriate chemical pesticide equipment etc.
- To dispose of waste materials in a safe, hygienic manner ensuring that it is available for collection as required.
- Painting – as required
- First line maintenance of fixtures and fittings, examples: tightening screws on window hinges, maintenance on door handles, minor repairs as a temporary measure after break-ins, vandalism etc.
- To maintain appropriate records for QHSE logbooks.
- To assist and host where necessary, personnel visiting the site such as contractors
Previous experience of any of the following:
- Lawn and Greenkeeping
- Horticultural works
- Soft Grounds duties
- Exterior handyperson
- Commercial landscaping
- Ride-on mower operatives
Reliable and punctual
Good working attitude
Ideally some experience and training in pesticides etc i.e. PA1 & PA6 - but not essential
Experience on non-horticultural works such as handyperson / fabric maintenance etc.
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the APPLY button now.
Please note if you have not had a response within 5 days, then please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer