Job descriptionJob Title: Handy Person
(Building services/ FM)
Location: Brighton, Sussex
Start Date: ASAP (Monday 13th September 2021)
Type: Contract 2/3 weeks
Pay Rate: £16.00
Pay: Weekly pay
Do you live near Brighton?
Do you have experience as a Handy Person on a commercial site?
Are you available for the above dates?
If the answer is yes, then read on...
Exciting opportunity to work for an established FM service provider situated in Brighton. PRS are currently looking for a Handy Person to be based at a commercial site in Brighton. The successful candidate will have a proven track record as an Handy Person or a Fabric Technician looking after PPM's and reactive building maintenance.
Daily tasks will be putting up noticeboards and other signage around the building. There may also be a little bit of flatpack furniture to construct.
- Routine planned maintenance tasks as directed by Site Manager / Supervisor, covering all buildings within the site and to include pest proofing works, painting, unskilled carpentry work, small plumbing works
- To be responsible for the care and proper use of building maintenance equipment and tools
- Ensure that spares and materials are used in a cost effective manner
- Support other team members
- To undertake all duties in a safe, tidy and responsible manner in accordance with H&S requirements
This is a temporary position from the 13th September 2021 for around 2/3 weeks.
The role is Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm.
The ideal candidate will will need to be;
- Semi-skilled would be an advantage
- Experience in building work would be an advantage
- General awareness of Health & Safety regulation
- Knowledge of permit to work system
- Knowledge of associated building maintenance equipment and tools would be an advantage
- Must be able to work under own initiative and keen to develop
- Valid full driving licence
- Willing to work towards IOSH Managing Safely