JOB TITLE: Hard FM Manager £60,000
Job Purpose To manage the delivery of planned and reactive maintenance of all mechanical and electrical systems, plant and designated equipment and of all building elements and fabrics.
Manages the maintenance team comprising Hard FM Team Leader, Tradesmen, Maintenance Assistants as well as specialist subcontractors.
Assist in ensuring that all Statutory Compliance for M&E and Building Fabric for the site is up to date at all times.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
A) Health and Safety
1) To ensure that the maintenance team comply fully with all Health and Safety legislation.
2) To ensure that Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work are in place and available to the maintenance team.
3) To ensure that the Maintenance Team complies with Policies in respect of Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work and competency.
4) To ensure that the correct tools and equipment are available and serviceable.
5) To ensure that appropriate personal protective equipment and clothing is available and serviceable.
6) To ensure that the maintenance team is fully trained in the Company’s procedure for reporting accidents and incidents as appropriate to their grade and responsibilities.
7) To ensure all the training requirements of the Maintenance Team are met and any problems are reported to the Healthcare Head of Hard FM.
8) To ensure that the Maintenance Team participate in Health and Safety and Fire Awareness training as appropriate to their duties.
9) To ensure that the Maintenance Team are provided with and wear the proper uniform.
10) To ensure that the Maintenance Team present themselves in a clean and tidy manner.
11) To ensure that the ‘Permit to Work’ and ‘Access Permit’ procedures are applied where appropriate.
B) Financial Control
12) To control financial commitment within the limits set by the site Contract Manager and Head of Hard FM.
13) To report any cost pressures which may impact on budget.
14) To ensure value for money in the procurement of materials and labour.
15) To ensure fair and consistent application of the Facility Services Procedure for Sickness and Absence Control.
16) To ensure documentation and records are up to date for inclusion in monthly forecast & purchase summary.
C) Service Delivery
17) To deliver the Output Specification in respect of planned and reactive maintenance.
18) To ensure that planned and reactive maintenance is managed diligently through the helpdesk task management process.
19) To ensure any outstanding Helpdesk Tasks are kept fully up to date at all times with comprehensive information
20) Produce report monthly in time for client Liaison Meeting showing all outstanding tasks up to end of previous month showing the latest updated position in detail.
21) To assist in quoting and delivering contract Variations and Life Cycle as required.
22) To be fully participative in the Hard FM Operational Review Meetings on site.
23) To assist in ensuring client monthly reports are completed in a timely and accurate manner covering all reporting obligations as per SLA in relation to Hard FM maintenance.
24) To maintain effective lines of communication with the Minor Works and Projects Manager and Contract Manager so that they are fully aware of activities which may impact on their duties and are able to provide effective continuity of operation during absence of the Hard FM Manager.
25) To maintain effective lines of communication with the maintenance team via day to day informal discussion and monthly structural meetings which will include Health and Safety as a fixed agenda item.
26) To ensure that the Contract Manager and Head of Hard FM are made aware of all incidents and accidents.
27) To attend meetings as directed.
28) To build and maintain effective working relationships with users of the service and other Service Managers.
E) Other Duties
29) To function as Authorised Person in respect of required Disciplines as defined within the relevant Healthcare Technical Memorandum and consequent to appropriate training and Authorising Engineers written approval.
30) Ensure all Statutory Compliance is up to date at all times for Hard FM at the site.
31) To assist the Head of Hard FM in Hard FM related issues or projects as may be required from time to time.
32) Assist in the upkeep of building fabric, grounds & services through observation and reporting deficiencies which jeopardise safety or detract from good appearance.
33) Assist in ensuring all reports and deliverables are supplied to client on time in accordance with the Services Contract and Project Agreement for this contract.
34) Assist in keeping the site Asset List and AutoCAD drawings up to date at all times following any Variations.
· 5 years technical management experience
· Minimum H.N.D in a Building Services Subject
· Knowledge of financial procedures e.g. preparing KPI, WOR reports
· Good verbal & written communication skills.
· Ability to interpret complex information in order to interrogate data
· Good user of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word & Excel.
· Excellent organisational skills
· Good levels of numeracy with an ability to understand and assist with budgets