Job descriptionHard FM Services Manager (M&E)
£50,000 + Car
PRS are working with this leading FM Service Provider in their recruitment for a Hard Services Manager to join their contract based in East London. In the role of Hard Services Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of the M&E FM maintenance services across the portfolio of sites across East London.
As part of the services team, provide legislative and operational advice, guidance and support to operational management, sourcing specialist services where applicable to ensure they we are able to deliver consistent service delivery within contractual and financial parameters. The main services to be covered are FM building engineering services although some involvement may be sought in supporting other related areas of the FM business such as Lifecycle and Variation works.
- Manage the development and implementation of local and corporate policies and procedures within Hard Services so that a compliant service is delivered in line with strategy, legislation and corporate policy through the Hard Services Supervisor and Engineers.
- To work with the Hard Services Supervisor and Engineers to ensure that the operational contract maintains legal compliance through appropriate documented processes and procedures. Ensuring that the organisation follows all relevant laws, regulations and business operating standards, delivering PPM’s against plan.
- Ensuring that Service Level Agreement and Key Performance Indicators are met consistently.
- Management of Hard Services subcontractors and associated works; including leading on Monthly Performance meetings with key contractors.
- Support Regional Facilities Manager with providing technical expertise and resolving major hard services issues. Attend client liaison meetings when required.
- Take ownership of Fire Door surveys and Water Risk Assessments and delivery of remedial action plans.
- Build and maintain relationships with the Procurement & Project Management Teams and keeping up to date with developments as appropriate. Project Management and preparation of the Life Cycle & Maintenance plans for 1 -5 years through to instigation of works, working with Lifecycle Manager and Project Managers.
- Lead in regards to Health and Safety and ensure Health & Safety is proactively managed and targets are achieved.
- Support with swift closure of actions following SPVs and Local Authority audits.
- To audit and maintain the asset register within the contract at THS.
- Review helpdesk reactive and remedial tasks to support preventive maintenance.
- Maintain knowledge of new technology, innovation and emerging new products, ensuring potential procurement of such items is commercially viable and appropriate to the business
- Oversee the recruitment, induction and employment of engineers.
- Support the on-going training programme to provide all technical and safety training as and when required for all colleagues.
- Monitor and review all staff performance on an on-going basis and through the completion of the annual group and/or individual appraisal process.
- Manage all team relation issues on site, including suspensions, disciplinary actions, grievances, redundancies, and absences.
The person spec:
- Mechanical Qualification – significant experience
- Health & Safety Qualification (IOSH)
- Highly organised, and competent in the use of Excel.
- Experience of audit and compliance work within the relevant building services
- Well developed communication and team working skills are required.
- Must be team player but with the ability to work on own initiative
- Operational knowledge of Hard FM services.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Commercially astute with proven track record in advising on cost effective solutions, key technical delivery, implementation and full operational control.