Job descriptionHard FM Services Operations Manager
£60,000 + £5,000 car allowance
PRS are working with a national Facilities Management supplier to recruit a Senior Operations Manager to oversee the delivery of the Hard FM services to a public sector account. In the role of Senior Operations Manager you will be responsible for the provision of PPM and breakdown M&E services to a wide portfolio of public buildings within a London council contract.
The Senior Operations Manager will be responsible for contractual performance through the management of a designated technical facilities service, ensuring a high level of service is carried out in accordance with the contract specification and company procedures. It is also to manage all associated subcontractors in accordance with company procedures and ensure that activities comply with client protocols.
The portfolio consists of 80x premises across the borough, including commercial offices, civic buildings, libraries, day centres and support buildings, care homes, as well as any other properties included in the account.
You will be responsible for teams of direct-delivery engineers carrying out PPM works and reactive works, as well as compliance contract management. You will need commercial awareness to quote / cost up extra SMW projects and oversee the delivery through using the supply[y chain. You will be directly reporting into the client so strong communication skills are required for regular meetings and updates.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the delivery of services to the highest standard, ensuring the effective management of staff, the provision of excellent customer service and compliance with contract, statutory compliance and company requirements
- Responsible for the effective management of contractual performance, including the incurrence of financial penalties, to ensure that all services are delivered to the contract specification and that all changes, developments and additional services are recorded accordingly with the commercial activity of the contract
- To recruit, select, motivate and manage the service teams where appropriate and to ensure continual training and staff development.
- To assist in the formulation of budgets, business plans and departmental strategies to meet the demands of service provision and continuous improvement.
- To actively promote services within relevant locations, creating effective marketing strategies in order to sustain and encourage new business opportunities.
- The effective management of all HR related issues for staff ensuring the close liaison with the contract’s HR Manager to ensure that all issues are dealt with in accordance with company procedures and timescales, including probationary and performance reviews, absence, disciplinary, and performance management appraisals.
- To manage all associated subcontracted services and to ensure that subcontractors are able to carry out their duties in a safe and timely manner and that work is contractually compliant. Complete all associated paperwork and conduct regular service review meetings.