Job descriptionHard Services Manager
Up to £55k
Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference?
We are looking for somebody who enjoys a challenge and likes to be kept busy.
You will benefit from:
- Progression, training and development opportunities.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics)
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
You will be working on a PFI contract based in East London. Leading and supervising your team. The contract will involve full lifecycle replacement and M&E systems.
You will be an integral part of the services team and will provide legislative and operational advice.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the development and implementation of local and corporate policies and procedures within Hard Services so that a compliant service is delivered in line with strategy, legislation and corporate policy through the Hard Services Supervisor and Engineers.
- To work with the Hard Services Supervisor and Engineers to ensure that the operational contract maintains legal compliance through appropriate documented processes and procedures.
- Ensuring that the organisation follows all relevant laws, regulations and business operating standards, delivering PPM’s against plan.
- Ensuring that Service Level Agreement and Key Performance Indicators are met consistently.
- Management of Hard Services subcontractors and associated works; including leading on
- Monthly Performance meetings with key contractors.
- Support Regional Facilities Manager with providing technical expertise and resolving major hard services issues. Attend client liaison meetings when required.
- Take ownership of Fire Door surveys and Water Risk Assessments and delivery of remedial action plans.
- Build and maintain relationships with the Procurement and Project Management Teams and keeping up to date with developments as appropriate. Project Management and preparation of the Life Cycle and Maintenance plans for 1 -5 years through to instigation of works.
- Lead in regard to Health and Safety and ensure Health and Safety is proactively managed and targets are achieved.
- Support with swift closure of actions following SPVs and Local Authority audits.
- To audit and maintain the asset register within the contract at THS.
- Review helpdesk reactive and remedial tasks to support preventive maintenance.
- Maintain knowledge of new technology, innovation and emerging new products, ensuring potential procurement of such items is commercially viable and appropriate to the business
- Oversee the recruitment, induction and employment of engineers.
- Support the on-going training programme to provide all technical and safety training as and when required for all colleagues.
- Monitor and review all staff performance on an on-going basis and through the completion of the annual group and/or individual appraisal process.
- Manage all team relation issues on site, including suspensions, disciplinary actions, grievances, redundancies, and absences.
- Mechanical Qualification with experience
- Health and Safety Qualification (IOSH)
- Experience of audit and compliance work within the relevant building services
- Operational knowledge of Hard FM services.
- Commercially astute with proven track record in advising on cost effective solutions, key technical delivery, implementation and full