Job descriptionHead of Critical Services (Critical Business Unit) £85,000 (Building Services)
Based in the financial district, we are seeking a Head of Critical Services to work for a corporate client heading up the engineering team conducting planned and reactive maintenance across the building.
Key Responsibilities include:
• In line with an agreed program undertaken routine compliance audits, ensuring all engineering activities are aligned with current legislation and codes of practice.
• Conduct audits in order to ensure compliance with the safe systems of work and in order to identify opportunities for improvement in areas of engineering excellence.
• Provide technical support in support of the prepared and presented “Technical Excellence Division” Workshop Sessions with Senior Management Teams and Clients to promote and fully detail the nature and scope of expertise.
• Management of all sub-contractors, ensuring adherence to their performance management measures and KPI’s.
• Provide engineering leadership whilst motivating the site engineering team and provide effective communication and support whilst supporting continued organizational change and the achievement of greater efficiencies and productivity.
• Deal with customer enquiries and complaints, reporting actions taken to line management. Undertake follow up actions required to resolve situational circumstances for which you have been authorised to undertake.
• Be an active participant in reviewing existing and implementing new techniques to enhance the service to our Clients.
• Survey and acceptance of new works carried out by specialist sub-contractors.
• Carry out duties in accordance with company procedures and the clients’ requirements in order to fulfil contractual obligations.
• Undertake any training that may be required to fulfil duties.
• To undertake any other duties as maybe reasonably requested, which are within your competence and experience.
Health, Safety & Environment
• Provide technical support in the implementation of Safe Systems of Work in alignment with continued improvement of policies & procedures
• Carry out regular reviews of the Risk Assessments and Method Statements for the activities associated with service delivery.
• Ensure all staff fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy.
Skills, Experience and Attributes:
- Take ownership of the clients’ needs and pursue effective communications with the customer in order to build a stable relationship. Including ownership of plant failure and associated incident report information, striving to limit downtime.
- Ensure all technical elements of the contract meet the clients’ requirements.
- The provision of technical support to the contract whether it be core business or extra project works.
• Management of large engineering teams
• Experience and understanding of P&L control, monitoring and performance
• Experience in a similar banking environment with multi-site locations.
• Previous work experience in a business-critical IT environments
• Experience with Incident Management, reporting and root cause analysis
• Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to provide detailed reports/proposals.
• Demonstrable experience of producing and analysing management information and providing innovative solutions for evolving/improving processes.
• Demonstrable experience of managing service providers/contractors and internal teams.
• Experience of managing client and supplier relationships to maintain and improve service.
• Ability to provide effective technical support
• Confidence and commitment to providing a high quality and professional service.
• Ability to develop a good understanding of the customers’ requirements.
• Excellent Customer Service skills – ability to build and maintain rapport.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to priorities works tasks.
• Adaptable and flexible in approach to work required.
- HV/LV Experience with previous appointment as a Authorise Person
- IOSH – Managing Safely
- 16th or 17th Edition Institute of Electrical Engineers (I.E.T) Registration or recognised equivalent
- C&G Electrical / Mechanical services qualification or equivalent
- Conversant with F-Gas regulations
- Conversant with a wide range of building service systems and equipment.
- Sound Electrical and Mechanical knowledge.
- Be conversant with current Health and Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices.
- C&G or equivalent L8 Water Treatment
- Experience with fault diagnosis, rectification.
- Experience in the Electrical aspects of general building PPM schedules
- Experienced in electrical installation work, plus electrical testing and inspection
- Proactive approach
· Chartered Engineer
· Financial/Corporate background
· Data Centre Experience needed
· Mechanical or Electrical Engineer by Trade