Job descriptionOur client it the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm
The purpose of the role is to;
· Lead their teams in the safe delivery of projects.
· Have overall responsibility for generating a sales pipeline to deliver revenue to the BU.
· Ensure projects are secured and delivered on time and within the financial requirements and margins as specified by the business.
· Ensure that all projects adhere and are managed to commercial agreements / contracts. They must comply with statutory regulations, are QHSE compliant and meet technical industry standards.
· Ensure the safe delivery of projects through the management of risk and competence.
· Recruit and retain talent for the present delivery and future growth of projects.
· Provide leadership in identifying and specifying project opportunities.
· Deliver contractual commitments on secured projects.
· Ensure projects are delivered on all maintenance contracts.
· Complete projects on time and on budget and to the satisfaction of all parties.
· Identify, reduce and manage all risks (technical, statutory, health and safety, commercial or otherwise) associated with each and every project.
· Maximise profit through cost reductions and better buying of subcontractor services.
· Identify and win project through effective relationships.
· Deliver supportive business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other applications as appropriate.
· Plan and develop long term opportunities by creating a pipeline of opportunities.
· Develop and manage all bids, tenders and proposals.
· Responsible for generating and securing new sales to exceed the annual financial plan.
· Seek out opportunities to generate projects through innovation and different technologies.
· Lead the sales process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings.
· Develop effective relationships with current and potential customers through demonstrating our capability in project delivery solutions.
· Build strong relationships with supply partners through which we can bring innovation to our customers.
· Ensure effective solutions which meet quality expectations can be delivered to our customers.
· Work with operational managers to ensure the collaborative development of the projects business with effective team working and support of colleagues.
· Make certain that their team comply with project management policies and procedures.
· Ensure compliance with health and safety policy across all activities. Regularly audit and review performance.
· Carry out monthly and ad hoc project review meetings covering all aspects of Health & Safety / CDM Legislation and Requirements.
· Engage with supply partners in a manner that ensures all risk is appropriately apportioned.
· Development of project financial plans.
· Financial responsibility for the delivery of the annual projects plan.
· Manage the monthly P&L and ensure all costs (PMs/HoP) are fully accountable and recoverable.
· Produce monthly and ad hoc financial reports for the business.
· Leverage margins on projects by working with subcontractors and suppliers to reduce project costs.
· Ensure positive cash flow and that all debt is controlled below 60 days.
· Chair monthly project reviews with BULs, PM’s, Project Support, Finance Manager, Procurement Manager, Health & Safety Manager and Commercial Manager.
· Recruit, train, appraise and manage a team of exceptional PM delivery team.
· Have people plan in place at all times
· Ensure the Project Managers are fully trained and equipped to deliver projects to the right standards
· Conduct performance reviews and create individual PDPs for all direct reports.
· Responsible for recruitment and selection of all project staff. Being equally responsible for the resolution of any discipline and grievance issues that may arise.