Job descriptionWe are recruiting for an M&E / facilities sector Head of Projects to work within across a portfolio of customers in the North of England in an rapidly growing projects environment. Largely life-cycle improvements, small to capital works and large scales estate refurbishment and improvement. The role is a permanent position paying up to 70K plus package, car/car allowance.
Due to planned growth we are looking to recruit a Head of Projects who can combine strategy development with tactical delivery to lead operational activities across a Portfolio of a key customer sites.
Managing a team of managers and reporting into the Project Director, we will be looking to you to ensure the cost effective and timely delivery of all project obligations and service provisions. Focus on building relationships with all managers, clients, operational and FM team across the uk is a key part of the role, as is the ability to hit the ground running. Good project and people management skills are essential.
This is a role with exciting scope for growth into an Head of Project role for the right candidate. We look for people with a positive, can-do attitude and the ability to fit into and take leadership of a fast-growing team.
- Be responsible to the Project Director for the P&L of the Account and to lead and direct project activities in order to maintain and improve the net profitability of the business
- Develop strong relationships with client staff and their representatives applying Key Account Management principles in order to foster good working relationships at every level
- Prepare with the Project Director an annual business plan and budget for the contract portfolio
- Carry out regular monthly Project reviews of P&L accountability; including progress of projects; quality; H&SW; Relationships
- Manage sub-contractors effectively both financially and commercially
- Develop and maintain relationships with all the clients departments including those of the operational and FM teams
- Provide leadership and direction to site based staff and Project Managers
- Be conversant with all statutory compliance processes and procedures such as CDM 2015; Building Regulations
- Ensure that all policies, procedures and standards are in place and adhered too
- Ensure the Projects has suitable, qualified and experienced management teams in place within an appropriate reporting
- Ensure that all operational activities are conducted in accordance with standard policies and procedures; in particular:
- Health, Safety, Quality and the Environment
- Financial Reporting
- Commercial and legislative
- HR and Employee Welfare
- Code of Ethics
- A thorough knowledge of Project Management services within the UK such as Civils; Fit Out; Life Cycle replacement and Energy
- An experienced leader of change with the ability to lead and direct others towards acceptance of new business ideas, methods and working practices. A clear understanding of transformational leadership and an ability to change organisations, culture and behaviours
- Educated to degree level and a member of a relevant professional institute
- A natural leader with obvious gravitas and charisma to stand out amongst others and the ability to bring the best out of people
- Strong commercial acumen
- An obvious empathy with customers and clients, an ability to quickly grasp their needs and an ability to galvanise resources to satisfy clients demands
- A proven track record of setting up and managing supply chain partners, multiple suppliers and sub-contractors
- A self-starter who is not afraid to challenge received wisdom and has the resilience to pursue legitimate business aims and objectives
- The energy and infectious enthusiasm to get things done
- Extensive experience within a similar management role
- Appropriate trade qualifications either Electrical or Mechanical of fabric
- Management and leadership training
- Coaching / Development
- Good IT skills including Excel, MS Projects, Office 365, Powerpoint and Word
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership qualities
- A good Level of interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Valid full driving licence
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.