Job descriptionHead of Technical Services
£70,000 to £75,000
PRS are recruiting now for a Head of Technical Services (FM) to deliver a first-class engineering service to a large manufacturing campus, working closely with the client to deliver an effective, efficient engineering solution. In the role of Head of Technical Services, you will provide advice and expertise across the portfolio to drive productivity improvements and uptime of equipment/assets. You will also support the development of areas such as self-delivery plans and provision of Engineering Projects.
A key part of the role is to embed the client’s culture within the team, taking ownership of situations and working as a team with other service lines. This will include setting up the support networks across the wider Subject Matter Expert (SME’s) teams such as Critical Engineering and Asset Management teams.
You will support bringing together the local solutions by tapping into the account wide technical support, driven initiatives that align to, drive and deliver the end-client’s targets and ambitions. In doing so it’s vitally important to maintain standard ways of operating whilst delivering to the specific needs of all sites.
You will act as the Head of Technical Service in the site-based team, working closely with the Site Lead to develop a joined-up approach to hard service and project delivery across the account. You will also work with the wider engineering teams in the development, introduction and implementation of best practice across the account, leaning on case studies and best practice from other accounts.
Main Duties of the role:
- Ensuring Quality is at the forefront of what our technical teams do
- Ensuring all technical services are delivered in line with procedures
- Support internal peers to develop programmes of continuous improvement, to drive service delivery excellence and improved customer experience
- Continually drive the self-delivery capability of the team
- Establishing a governance and control framework for continuous improvement initiatives across technical services
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the portfolio buildings in terms of their layout, functions and complexities, identifying SPOF and mitigation risk around these.
- Providing engineering advice and guidance on matters affecting the on-going management of our FM services
- Providing technical guidance on implementing a Capital Replacement Plan.
- Develop engineering excellence using the resilience model for critical engineering
- Ensure appropriate reporting is in place to deliver the technical services across the account (SAP)
- Issue and maintain Technical bulletins within a central depository.
- Work holistically across the Account to understand key drivers for performance improvement
- Overseeing new projects, including commissioning of new assets and their integration into SAP
- Ensuring all operational KPIs and SLAs are met
- Holding regular reviews with subcontractors to ensure compliance, best practice and best value
- Analysing data trends, identifying areas of underperformance and providing recommendations for improvement
- Ensure that all Critical works are supported by Impact Assessments and all SSOW.
- Management and control of all technical matters relating to plant and equipment maintenance including existing equipment, new works and future upgrade works
- Experience in Technical FM industry ideally within Manufacturing or Pharma experience
- Ability to work collaboratively and resolve complex and sensitive issues through stakeholder buy-in
- Knowledge and experience of managing or delivering engineering project works and activities
- Analytical, commercially astute with good business acumen and an eye for detail
- Leads by example in all role activities with the ability to represent the client effectively
- Tackles problems creatively and possesses excellent organisational skills
- Extensive customer experience or wellbeing experience
- Experience in developing those around you with a passion to coach and develop to unlock excellent performance
- A proven track record of building and developing client relationships
- Ability to manage and maintain third party supplier relationships
- The ability to handle complaints and difficult situations in a patient, calm and effective manner
- Ability to quickly understand data and use trend analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong and persuasive influencing skills and personal resilience
- Experience of programme managing cross functional teams in large, complex environments
If you feel that you are suitable for this position and are interested in the opportunity, and would like to apply for the vacancy, please send me your CV via this advert and I will be in touch to discuss it further.