Job Title: SHEQ Manager
Reports To: Technical and Compliance Director
Location: Central London
Salary: £50,000 + £5000 Car Allowance
To support the Executive Board in delivering the company’s SHEQ objectives by leading, developing, and maintaining the SHEQ management programmes and systems.
· To determine the strategic direction and work priorities (in conjunction with line management) for the continuous improvement of the company’s SHEQ and IMS management programme and systems.
· Advise the Executive Board and assist with the implementation of new or existing SHEQ-related legislation, rules, and Company standards to include fire prevention, health and safety awareness training, site inspections of Company and contractors’ sites.
· To complete prevention inspections on a regular basis and ensure records maintained of same.
· To investigate accidents and ensure all documentation is updated.
· To develop an innovative SHEQ Communication Strategy for all contracts and levels of staff, to include written information, toolbox talks and management briefs.
· Completion of duties of CDM Coordinator as required by the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2007
· Responsibility for Company preparations for annual H&S audits and Quality Assurance
· Liaison with HR Department for initiating and coordinating training plan and updating information for personal and audit and requirements.
· To assist in retaining all current quality accreditations and work towards the attainment of new quality accreditations.
· Advise Executive Board and Senior Management on health, safety, quality, and environmental matters and manages this process to ensure all advice is incorporated into day to day processes and operations.
· Lead the Company in meeting its obligations under the “Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations 1999”
· Provide support and expertise to line management in incident investigation and reporting (including dangerous occurrences and occupational diseases).
· Facilitate all forms of risk assessment e.g. general, manual handling, COSHH, fire prevention and acts as a final authority where a specialist response is required in relation to risk assessments performed by others onsite.
· Conduct occupational health and safety related surveys e.g. noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances and makes associated recommendations.
· Produce and coordinate an annual SHEQ action plan and longer term SHEQ business plan, prepare reports for monthly and quarterly update to the Executive Board.
· Act as the company’s “Dangerous Goods” Safety Advisor (DGSA).
· Assist with tender/submission documentation to ensure SHEQ compliance.
IOSH Managing Safely
Minimum of 10 years’ experience
Experience with Health & Safety in the Maintenance Industry
· To be a ‘team player’ within the office
· Helping colleagues, as and when necessary, especially to meet deadlines
· Contribute effort towards Company Vision and Mission and observe Company values when actioning your objectives
The post-holder should recognise the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
· Communicate effectively with other team members
· Recognise people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented as part of this employment, such training to include:
· Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development.
· Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work.
Equality and Diversity:
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity, and rights of colleagues to include:
· Acting in a way that recognises the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with Company procedures and policies and current legislation.
· Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings, priorities, and rights.
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the Company, and will:
· Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk
· Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
· Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance
· Effectively manage own time, workload, and resources
Health & Safety:
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the Health & Safety Policy, to include:
· Using security systems within the workplace according to Company guidelines
· Identifying the risks involved in work activities and understanding such activities in a way that manages those risks.
· Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
· Reporting potential risks identified.
· In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential.
· Information relating to the business of the Company may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Company policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.