Job descriptionHealth and safety and Environmental Manager – Leisure Facilites Sector - £35,000, Bromley, Kent
To assist the Head of Asset Management to ensure the delivery of a professional and efficient customer service experience to both internal and external customers.
As the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager, you will be responsible for the management of an effective and efficient administrative service within the Asset Team. Working to stringent deadlines whilst managing a high volume, challenging and varied workload, using own initiative and excellent time management skills.
The post holder is also required to deliver a service that contributes to the strategic aims and objectives by:
- Managing and coordinating all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental Management and Administration within the Asset function;
- Managing and maintaining the systems, procedures and records of the Asset function ensuring accuracy and compliance, timely responses and upholding a high standard of customer service to both internal and external customers;
- Taking responsibility for the management of key functions of the Asset Team as defined by the Head of Asset Management.
- Manage the proactive management of all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental functions;
- Manage the proactive management of all insurance claims to mitigate all losses.
- Assist with the procurement of all products and services as directed and identify the use of non-compliant contractors and / or suppliers to the Head of Asset Management;
- Manage the management of all licences across all services and facilities, to ensure compliance with the required legislation;
- Ensure all maintenance records are effectively maintained;
- Manage the collation and reporting of Health, Safety and Compliance Reporting;
- Ensure full compliance with all contractual responsibilities;
- Ensure the delivery of all targets and KPI’s, whilst balancing both our social impact and commercial outcomes in-line with our strategy; social, financial, process, customer and people;
- Continuously improve the operational delivery of the Asset Team;
- Support the development of our corporate wide Quality Management and Environmental Management Systems and associated processes;
- Support the drive to improve our quality standards and assurance across all the operational businesses, including standards in customer service and health and safety;
- Continuously improve the company’s image and credibility with all stakeholders;
- Take responsibility for health and safety and actively participate in the maintenance and improvement of the overall Company Health and Safety culture.
· The post holder will ideally be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline or have suitable experience in a similar role for 5 years
- The post holder will be able to provide evidence of continuing professional development
- Essential: IOSH qualification or equivalent
- Desirable: NEBOSH qualification would be an advantage.