Job descriptionWe are looking to recruit an experienced HVAC engineer to work as a key part of the mobile team supplying air-conditioning/mechanical competency to internal and external clients. The role is a permanent job. Basic 35.5k, 40hrs pw, Vehicle, Tablet, DC Pension – 5% 7%, 25 days Annual leave + Stat and option to buy 5 days, Private Healthcare, 1 in 5 week Weekend working for one day
• Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) to air conditioning/mechanical services, AHU, and other Air Handing and Ventilation Plant, including Reactive Maintenance and extra works/emergencies in accordance with the contract requirements on Mechanical Services.
• Provide detailed reporting with predictive times for remedial and chargeable works, and life cycle condition reporting.
• Provide a high level of air-conditioning technical and hands on support in the provision of our service delivery and the daily communication with clients
• To carry out PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of air-conditioning and associated mechanical systems.
• Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act requirements.
• Respond in a prompt and effective manner to all reactive maintenance issues, and help desk requests associated with air-conditioning services and associated mechanical systems or items.
• Co-ordinate visiting specialist sub-contractors associated with air-conditioning/mechanical aspects of the PPM schedules.
• Must be flexible with working hours to meet the needs of the clients.
• Respond to call outs and cover breakdowns and emergencies associated with the mechanical services aspects of the contract as required.
• Provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
• Proactively work towards the growth of the contract into other service provisions be they Mechanical and Electrical, Life Cycle replacements, Project works, etc.
• Carry out any adhoc duties as direct by Line Manager.
• Although not essential a Gas Safe Registered Technician would be a strong candidate.
• City & Guilds 2079 FGas and ODS regulations
• Experience of working on air conditioning systems
• A background in working with split systems, chillers, VRV/VRF systems and close control units.
• Experienced in mechanical aspects of general building PPM schedules; and reactive works
• Competent working knowledge of Air Handling Unit’s, Building Management Systems, Air Conditioning equipment, Cold Water systems, Heating and Ventilation systems, Water Treatment.
• Must hold a valid UK driving licence
• Employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS security check.
• BS7671 18th Edition
• Gas Safe Registered
• PASMA / IPAF certified
• Specialist knowledge/training e.g. Water Treatment Systems, Plants, or Systems
• Health and Safety Training
• Experience in using CAFM system.
• Supervisory experience for future development
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.