Job descriptionJob Title: HVAC Technician
Location: Leicestershire- Site based
We are recruiting for an experienced HVAC technician to work for a large well established company who currently have hundreds of thousands of employees currently within in the business.
To deliver / maintain day to day PPM tasks, reactive and sub contractor maintenance. To be a member of a successful team who are committed to achieving the clients and company objectives. To support the campus engineering team and be an integral member of the team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Completion of Planned Preventative Maintenance within Service Level Agreement.
- Monitoring, scheduling and completion of incoming reactive work, order tasks within Service Level Agreement.
- Weekly/Monthly Building Inspections and stock taking.
- Assisting in the costing of maintenance works additional to contract specification.
- Maintain records for all tasks and activities conducted on site
- Daily two-way communication with Capacity Supervisor to establish status of all tasks.
- Issue of sub contractor site inductions as required, ensuring submission of all Health & Safety Paperwork prior to works commencing (Incl Risk Assessment/Method Statement)
- Ensure Health & Safety is the highest priority at all times
Site specific duties:
- To undertake PPM, proactive and reactive works issued through the helpdesk within set time frames so that the customer expectations are exceeded. The majority of the duties will be air conditioning and refrigeration focused however other building services maintenance such as fabric duties will also be required.
- To provide callout response for the client as detailed on the callout rota.
- To undertake contractor control duties on behalf of the client, including monitoring of contractors and their workmanship, so that relevant standards are met. Issue of Permits to Work.
- To ensure that equipment operates to specified performance criteria.
- To evaluate performance and ensure the proper servicing and maintenance of equipment under contract to the company is carried out.
- To take a pro-active approach to client liaison and ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed to management as necessary.
Skills & Background Required :
- City and Guilds 2079 Safe Handling of Refrigerants or CITB J11 Equivalent
- NVQ 2/3 or City & Guilds in Commercial Refrigeration and AC Systems
- NVQ2/3 or City & Guilds in Heating and Ventilation
- NVQ2/3 or City & Guilds in Heating and Ventilation Service & Maintenance
On offer is a permanent job with a good basic salary. Holiday will be 25days+ BH. Call outs paid a minimum 4 hours for being on call. This ideal candidate will be the only onsite HVAC/ Chiller Engineer on site. There will be a technician to support. Pension and other company benefits.
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the APPLY button now.
Please note if you have not had a response within 5 days, then please consider your application