Job descriptionIn House Data Centre Manager – Continental shift £60,000 + Benefits
We are working with a client who are the UK’s fastest growing data centre provider which own, design, build and operate the country’s most efficient and flexible data centres. With their mission being to consistently exceed the expectations of customers through innovative, high quality solutions and services. They employ intelligent thinkers – people with positive attitudes, who add the quality of customer proposition and business.
Role and responsibilities:
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Manager to join their Facilities Management team across our Slough and Stockley Park campus’ in West London. Reporting to the Operations Director, the role is a central function that is primarily employed for the oversight of site service delivery and statutory compliance. This is a permanent full-time position Working hours: Continental shift pattern - 12-hour shifts between 6am-6pm and 6pm-6am.
The role includes but is not limited to the following: -
Ensure maintenance procedures are implemented:
- To provide oversight on planned preventative and reactive maintenance being undertaken across the individual sites, ensuring statutory and mandatory compliance.
- Accountable for the oversight that the facilities are being maintained to meet SFG20
- Ensure that existing PPM regimes are being deployed to ensure plant up time and optimum operational availability and life cycle.
- Assist in weekly Change Advisory Board meetings to discuss planned maintenance, break fix and project works.
- Provide scheduled weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports to the Operations Leadership Team and Senior Management Team regarding the level of service delivery on site, highlighting via a gap analysis any areas where delivery is not meeting requirements.
- Attend key customer performance reviews as required, specifically on the topic of planned and reactive maintenance service delivery.
- Provide oversight on local site labour utilisation, including reactive and planned maintenance undertaken in-house and via specialist OEM’s requiring local teams oversight, and identify where resources need to be adjusted to meet operational needs.
- Oversight on scheduled maintenance via appointed subcontractors on each facility to provide high level statistics and relevant data on works being cancelled or attended to late.
- Use of IT Systems i.e. Maximo CAFM, Building Management Systems, Power Management Systems, and other databases to ensure the efficient utilisation of staff and resources is being deployed to the sites, and to provide oversight that site teams are completing maintenance activities down according to company process.
- Oversee asset registers, ensuring local site teams are updating these through the Maximo CAFM system as and when new assets are being installed via plant upgrades and capacity expansions, or through plant replacement schemes linked to lifecycle.
- To manage the site insurance register inspection schedules undertaken by the direct labour force, ensuring all operational pressure systems, plant and lifting equipment has associated written schemes of inspections assigned and maintenance schedules are programmed.
- To provide oversight on annual site training registers to ensure suitably skilled resources have been employed locally meeting site requirements.
- To review site stores stock levels to ensure sufficient materials, replacement parts and consumables are available to maintain operational site plant and equipment, and that stock levels are documented and periodically reviewed.
- To provide oversight on site budget management, providing oversight along with the Campus Manager to ensure agreed expenditure levels are being met, reporting on any discrepancies, and that costs from specialist contractors are subject to oversight and verification according to completed maintenance actions.
- To provide oversight on specialist subcontractors utilised across live facilities, ensuring periodic reviews are being undertaken and documented, ensuring annual maintenance instructions have been placed and emergency response times meet Company SLA’s.
- Relevant qualification in a Hard FM related subject.
- Membership of a professional institution and/or management qualifications (ILM, BIFM, etc.).
- Experience of managing staff in Hard FM in a critical facility, preferable within a Data Centre/critical environment.
- Previous technical roles in a mechanical or electrical background.
- Specialist knowledge of processes and procedures within mechanical and electrical disciplines together with excellent IT skills.
- Able to demonstrate financial acumen and be able to interpret financial reports published by our internal Finance Team detailing local site level performance versus calendar year budgets.
- Knowledge of Maximo and ServiceNow.
- Strong communication and client relationship skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Committed to health and safety.
undergo a BS7858 screening process.
Remuneration package and benefits:
- Competitive rate of pay.
- Private healthcare.
- Critical illness and life assurance.
- Pension contribution scheme.
- Discretionary bonus.