Job descriptionIn- House Shift Electrician Knightsbridge
We are looking for a shift engineer to join an existing engineering team at a high end residential complex in the Knightsbridge area of West London. Working directly for the client this is a great opportunity with some fantastic benefits. This position is a full 4 on 4 off days and nights working pattern and engineers of both electrical and mechanical background will be considered.
• To monitor and follow up on all statutory requirements for the building, ensuring all certificates are up to date and filed within the designated Building Logbooks within the department.
• To take responsibility for the effective repair of defects and the safe and efficient operation of the building, plant and equipment.
• To provide exceptional customer service to residents and colleagues.
• To learn & use Building Link as a working tool to aid efficiency for reactive help desk requests and provide appropriate feedback on activities undertaken and status.
• To learn & use the CAFM system, receive task sheets and work requests and complete such works efficiently in accordance with the agreed specification and within the designated service level agreements.
• To provide feedback to the TSM on the various software platforms in use based on activities in the field e.g. improvements to H&S, plant and equipment status and condition, incomplete asset information, suggestions for improving the maintenance tasks, energy efficiency initiatives, etc.
• To maintain and operate the building plant & systems (including but not limited to boilers, pumps, chillers, air handling units, fans, electrical distribution, pipework, ductwork and associated components& garage plant) within the established guidelines.
• To interrogate the Building Management System (BMS) for alarm conditions, incorrect operation, time scheduling, set points, etc. and respond accordingly.
• To inspect all plant regularly throughout the shift and to accurately complete the engineering logs and worksheets for record purposes and to brief the incoming engineering team of any known faults or problems.
• To ensure that in the event of a lift failure, any trapped passengers are evacuated as per lift contractor instructions and that lift contractors are informed of any service requirements.
• To carry the required communication equipment, answer and respond promptly and to report back to the originator with status of repair.
• To carry out the designated procedures if a fire alarm is raised. To ensure that the sprinkler system & Emergency Generator is operating if required. Isolate systems as required by duty manager, or London Fire Brigade. To undergo any training deemed necessary.
• To assist other personnel in emergencies and in carrying out other engineering duties as may be required by the Technical Services Manager and Technical Services Supervisor according to the needs of the department.
• Report all potential hazards whilst on duty.
Ideal candidates should possess the following qualities and experience:
• 5 + years of experience of working as an Engineer with a suitable electrical or mechanical qualification
• Experience/Understanding of operating in a 5* ultra-luxury environment
• Great communication skills
• Excellent team player
Salary & Benefits:
• Salary £38,245.45 per annum
• Meal Allowance £1,482 per annum
• Bonus £2,000 per annum
• Life Assurance
• 28 days holiday per year rising to 33 days linked to service (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
• In-house training programme
• Recognition initiatives and rewards for the team members who strive every day to offer the residents the best possible experience
• Season ticket loan, learning and development opportunities, enhanced pension contributions, social events (post-COVID), complimentary uniform dry-cleaning, cycle to work scheme