Job descriptionMy client is a leading facilities company that is dealing with a globally known pharmaceutical company, and they are looking for a tenacious, driven candidate that can fill the role of Instructional Designer.
Lead on the development of quality blended training programmes to support the learning needs of technical staff operating across our various sites. This includes:
- Taking complex processes and procedures and breaking into learning that can be easily contextualised in day to day operations.
- Creating training resources that ensure complex processes can be followed precisely, even when the process may not be completed routinely by an individual.
- Supporting on the development of a wider learning strategy to support all staff on the contract while also working to influence and support the client’s learning strategy.
- Support the training manager in the delivery of compliance related training creation to ensure related metrics are achieved.
- Maintain quality records and databases inline with the client’s policies and procedures.
- Liaise with SMEs (technical writers, technical SME’s, client representatives) to break down complex processes into component parts and clarify responsible parties involved in those processes.
- Develop role-based training according to research on core processes as researched with SMEs.
- Collaborate with the technical trainer and SMEs in the creation and delivery of face to face training on core procedures.
- Create interactive learning content to improve learner engagement and retention; making use of e-learning (SCORM), video, PowerPoint, face to face, virtual classrooms and other training media.
- Build and implement assessment criteria utilising the skill sets of SMEs on site to ensure knowledge and skill retention.
- Support the training manager, operations and the compliance team to analyse data and identify training needs within specialist teams.
- Design and deliver train the trainer sessions for SMEs and operational managers to assist in the delivery of good learning.
- Develop guidelines for training creation to support other departments in the creation of higher quality training (EHS, Quality and Compliance, Operations).
- Collaborate with the client to ensure core areas of training are covered in sufficient detail.
- Maintain appropriate records to ensure training meets client and regulatory standards and remains contemporaneous.
- Regularly audit training portfolio to ensure training materials are up to date.
- Promote continuous systems improvements and good practice.
- Work closely with other members of the account management team to deliver on collective business plans.
- Manage with a pragmatic and problem-solving approach to regulatory related matters and foster an understanding that quality arrangements are an integral part of business and operational efficiency.
- Promote improvement in existing work practices through ownership and commitment.
- When required, provide compliance team auditors with administrative support to ensure compliance with R&D policies, procedures and instructions.
- Provide support to Site Engineering Teams for Level 2, 3 and 4 audits as appropriate.
- Maintain contact with the compliance team through good communication and documentation.
- Develop, cultivate and promote an attitude that accident prevention and damage control are an integral part of the business and operational efficiency.
- Encourage improvement in safe systems of work with the aim of preventing injury to personnel and damage to plant and property.
- To comply with the uniform and personal presentation policy.
- Creation of Excel, Microsoft Word document reports, forms or templates and PowerPoint presentations.
- Manage new training assets and use of technology for their creation
- Manage Learning & Development systems for creation of new training