Job descriptionWe are recruiting for an Instrumentation Engineer with sound electrical and mechanical engineering experience to provide design, installation and maintenance services to a prestigious laboratory facility in the Cheshire area.
standard working week Mon-Fri 40 hours
Pension up to 6%
holiday increase per years service
Statutory sick pay followed by Company sick pay after 2 years
Option to join - Private Medical Scheme
Cycle to work Scheme
Developing client project briefs, creating designs, drawing accurate plans and building solutions
• Utilising IT programmes to develop the designs and solutions
• Analysing, fault diagnosis and reprogramming software modules associated with pilot plant equipment
• Be responsible for the assigned assembly development, evaluation, documentation and maintenance of equipment
• Assist in providing plans, costs and risk assessments on small projects
• Provide assistance to manufacturing and customer support functions as required.
• Must be able to gather and assess situations, set priorities and solve mechanical problems.
• Must have the ability to make good quality, timely decisions, especially in the areas of uncertainty or where risks are involved.
• Generate and use innovative and creative approaches towards all aspects of work, is able to adapt to meet changing needs and challenges.
PLC operation and maintenance
• Manage projects from concept design through to commissioning. This includes quoting, organising and hosting meetings with customers and keeping within project budget control.
• Be responsible for collation of CE documentation for project completion.
• Ability to organise own time and other resources to achieve agreed tasks, monitor progress and deliver to agreed timescales.
• Compliance with all relevant technical statutory and non-statutory legislation/guidance/records for all instrumentation maintenance activities and ensuring site is audit ready for external and internal inspections at all times
• Systems and processes are in place to ensure compliance
• Responsibility for safe means of isolation are in place and up to date
• Support the FM technical and soft services management teams and other stakeholders in the delivery of all services within the scope of the role
• Report deficiencies (non-conformances) in accordance with site procedures
• Ensure that processes are in place to assure the prompt provision and efficient delivery of all services at the specified time to the standards laid down in specified contract Service Level Agreement’s.
• Ensure that steps are in place to assure the maintenance and upkeep of key site documentation and to ensure a systematic and consistent approach for all change activities.
• Attend operational and team briefings, client, sub-contractor meetings and any meeting as required in order to complete the designated role and its associated functions.
• Maintain excellent client relationships and communicate at every opportunity.
• Ensure that all written communication represents a professional image to customers and staff.
• Provide Client with such information and reports as may be reasonably required for the overall monitoring, planning and control of the contract or for other management purposes.
• Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by senior management in order to meet the operational requirements of the business
Recognized M&E engineering qualification
Experience of instrumentation design and bespoke plant/equipment creation
Highly client focused
Experience of PLC's
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.