Job descriptionIT Data Centre Technician - Slough - £37K
My client is a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through their innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, they have built the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering outstanding service to our data centre customers. They embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
What you will be doing:
- Racks and stacks customer equipment
- Installs customer equipment and cabinets
- Tests all hardware for deployment to local and remote sites
- Figures out work priorities from the Siebel queue and ensures alignment to all pre-defined SLAs
- Installs/Tests/Modifies/troubleshoots cross connects per SOPs and ensures proper cable management of: fiber, twisted pair copper, coax and intra-building cross connects
- Installs and tests advanced cross connects circuits (switched, multiplexed, etc.)
- Installs and tests datacentre Link cross connects using Fluke and JDSU testers
- Ensures test results are aligned with industry standards.
- Maintains detailed written records of all work activity
- Supports fulfilment of projects with direction from senior staff
- Supports customer satisfaction through timely and precise order execution
- Experience in Customer Service, Operation Centres or Datacentres
- Experience of Cat5e / Cat6a / Fibre Cabling techniques (Installation, Termination & Testing)
- Previous ISP or Telco Background
- Willingness to work a shift rota that includes day and night shifts
- Extensive computer knowledge and familiarity (Windows NT, 2000 & XP).
- Good knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/ IP
- Competitive salary
- Insurance and Health: Life Assurance, Income Protection, Critical Illness Insurance, Private Healthcare, Eye Care Coverage and Gymflex Membership
- Investment: Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Company Pension Plan
- Travel: Cycle to Work Scheme and Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Family: Childcare Vouchers and Merlin Entertainment Pass
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities