Job descriptionAn excellent opportunity has become available for a highly experienced M&E Lead Maintenance Engineer in central Reading, Berkshire which includes parking.
The role of Lead Engineer is to provide technical support in the application of maintenance services for reactive and planned preventative maintenance tasks, measured against the Service Level Agreement promoting good customer service and including Authorised Person duties for high risk activities.
Duties of the Lead Engineer are as follows:
- Provide technical service and support. Carry out repairs and routine maintenance to building services and fabric within the agreed service levels
- Monitor & maintain the BMS system by interrogation and acknowledgement of alarms and support the management team in developing strategies
- Prepare risk assessments
- Carry out AP duties in a given discipline
- Ensure compliance with health and safety requirements
- Compliance with Integrated Management System (IMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Support the Supervisor (including standing in for the supervisor when required)
- Raise and issue permits as necessary
- Control of Sub Contractors
- COSHH control.
Qualifications & Key Skills
- City & Guilds 18th Edition
- Experience Leading a team of Electrical & Mechanical Engineers
- C&G 236 Part 1&2 or Mechanical equivalent where applicable.
- Should have experience of working on all the various Electrical / Mechanical equipment within the Building. i.e. Boilers, AHU’s, VAV’s,
- Chilling/Air Conditioning, Water Services, Lighting systems, Fire Alarm Systems, Power distribution and Building Management Systems.
- HV Switching AP15 Highly desireable