Job descriptionM&E Projects Contract Manager
£60,000 to £65,000
PRS are working with this well-regarded Hard FM Services Contractor to recruit for an M&E Projects Contract Manager. The role will involve the delivery of installations and projects, working alongside the Maintenance Contract Managers on a number of high profile contracts across London.
The M&E Projects Contract Manager will have overall responsibility for an allocated project or number of projects (subject to project values, programmes, and specific requirements), also supporting a current team of Contracts Managers within a growing M&E projects business stream.
The M&E Projects Contract Manager will report directly to the Senior Operations Manager, depending on the specific requirements. The purpose is to ensure designated projects are completed safely, within agreed timeframes and to budget and the clients exacting standards, also ensuring that profitability is maximised. They will co-ordinate and control the project to achieve effective and cost efficient completion and ensure that all Health and Safety requirements are met and contractual obligations are fulfilled.
The M&E Projects Contract Manager will be responsible for all persons allocated to any designated project or projects, inclusive of supervision, operatives and additional allocated support staff to ensure successful delivery of a number of projects on behalf of all key clients of the business across various sectors. The M&E Projects Contract Manager will liaise with Supervisors, Operatives, Managers, Directors, Clients and Customers.
Main Task of Job: The M&E Projects Contract Manager will be based either at our Head Office or on site and will control all aspects from these locations. He/she will participate in all client/progress meetings.
The key responsibilities would be to ensure the following areas are adequately resourced and managed.
- Establishment and control of the site team(s)
- Supervision of drawing production and technical submittals.
- Selection of sub-contractors and suppliers with Senior Operations Manager, other Management Colleagues within the current team and with full Client approval.
- All aspects of Health and Safety requirements, including production of site-specific RAMS
- Attending site meetings as required.
- Ensuring quality and quantity of materials, equipment and personnel are maintained at the correct levels for installing all services and executing the works.
- Supervision of the delivery and distribution of plant and major equipment.
- Carry out regular site inspections both in house and with Client/Design team representatives to ensure correct quality of installation.
- Ensuring effective planning and provision for the commissioning process.
- Liaise with Client/Design team representative’s system signing off and handover for final commissioning.
Planning and logistical consideration will be paramount to the successful execution of all projects. For this reason one of the primary functions of the Contracts Manager will be to liaise with the Client to ensure that most effective sequencing and thorough information flow.
These Activities will include:
- Detailed Planning of Pre-Installation Activities
- Compiling of Contract Programmes/RAMS
- Sequencing and monitoring plant and equipment deliveries.
- Planning of Sub-Contract and Specialist activities.
- Monitoring Contract Programmes.
- Process/action of Progress Reports.
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for the effective cost control for the project and will manage the following:-
Setting up the Contract
• Contract Documentation
• Tender Appraisal
• Valuation Format
• Expenditure/Cash Flow charts
• Interim Applications, budgeting and commercial experience
• Progress reporting / client meetings and reports
• Sub-Contracts/Major Suppliers Administration
• Progress/Targets Appraisal
• Formal Notifications
• Finance Reporting (Internal