Job descriptionJob Title: M&E Engineer
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Start Date: Immediate start
Type: Temporary with the potential of the role going permanent
Hourly rate: £19-20ph
Hours Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm
Do you live near Bracknell, Berkshire.
Do you have experience working on commercial buildings as an Electrical Maintenance engineer?
Do you have a qualification in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering?
If the answer is yes, then read on...
PRS have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Electrician to work for an established FM service provider situated in Bracknell, Berkshire.
Electrically biased trades person based on site within a team of operatives undertaking planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment and building fabric within a commercial environment.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To carry out planned and reactive maintenance as instructed by the Contract Manager. Including, but not limited to fault finding, test, repair and preventative maintenance of electrical building services equipment; and other electrical duties in support of the rest of the team. Duties will also include carrying out various non specialist building fabric maintenance tasks.
- To close / update completed PPM tasks on the site computerised maintenance system.
- Ensure engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operation effectiveness and reliability of the plant and associated systems.
- To ensure company QA and site procedures are adhered to in all aspects.
- Ensure Company & Site, Health & Safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Maintain accurate site records/documentation in association with all site works.
- Carry out tasks within typical plant-room environments and at high level, working from platforms and ladders. All access and PPE will be provided
- To proactively work towards the continued success and support of the contract with a positive approach.
- Comply with Integral’s Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, as detailed in the site plans.
- This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
- City & Guilds/NVQ - Building Services Engineering or Electrical Installation/Maintenance or equivalent
- 17th/ 18th Edition IEE
- City & Guilds Refrigerant, Safe Handling
- ACS/Gas Safe qualifications
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent training
- A demonstrable knowledge of building services engineering
- Previous experience of working within a team
- Knowledge and use of computer software – Microsoft Office, Building Management System, Concept CMMS
- HVAC & Building Services Engineering experience
- Smart appearance, presentable
- Logical thinker in fault finding situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working within a team environment. Able to contribute to group success whilst willingly following instructions of others.
- Able to work unsupervised
- Self motivated
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements, willing to accept change.
- Customer focused
- Willing to volunteer help