Job descriptionAn opportunity for an experienced Supervisor within the Mechanical & Electrical Maintenance Facilities eManagement industry has become available for an immediate start in the Exeter, Devon region.
The ideal M&E Maintenance Supervisor will need to be prepared to work long hours and on a shift basis with the ability to Supervise Electrical & Mechanical shift engineers.
Duties of the Supervisor position are;
• Take supervisory responsibility for the day to day operations of the static Engineering Team
• To work in both an administrative and 'hands on' capacity, undertaking the required paperwork functions whilst using practical experience and skills to assist and support the static Engineering Team
• To manage and monitor the work and performance of the static Engineering Team and sub – contractors, ensuring that performance levels are maintained to deliver excellent service to the Client and to meet required contract Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
• To manage the ordering of spares and materials to site for standard PPM works and also for additional extra works undertaken
• To ensure and control excellent housekeeping practices throughout the site
• Build long term relationships with existing and new / internal and external Clients of the business to ensure the business is driven forward
• Liaise and support the Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Advisor in developing and delivering a robust EHS policy to the account / contract, providing duty of care to both the company, employees and the Client
• Assisting with internal and external audits and development of best practice to ensure compliance with QA and EHS standards within the organisation
• Support quality control in accordance with the company's Policies & Procedures: promoting good working practice throughout the Operations Team in terms of QA delivery (statutory requirements, site log updates, purchasing of equipment, site visit records, certificates, timesheets and all associated auditable materials and functions). Taking the lead at local level to ensure that records of works are accurate and meet all requirements of the QA policy of the organisation and specific region
• Communicate at all levels, both internally and at Client level, from day to day Client to key decision makers in support of the Contract Manager
• To provide timely, accurate and concise data to assist the Contract Manager to build required reports to both Clients and line management
• To manage sub-contractors attending sites to carry out specialist service and project works not within the remit of the company.
• To assist the client with keeping their compliance paperwork up to date and uploaded on their electronic systems on a monthly basis.
The ideal supervisor will;
• Have three years' experience in an Engineering Supervisory related role, following a recognised Engineering discipline Apprenticeship
• Have five years' experience in an Engineering discipline (Electrical, Combustion etc.)
• Experience of working within and managing / supervising within a static site operations
• An understanding of Service Level Agreements (SLA's), service targets and objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
• IT user skills in Word and Excel
• Able to demonstrate excellent team motivational qualities to maintain morale