Job descriptionA client of ours is currently looking for an electrical bias shift engineer to join an exciting contract they have recently renewed in Tottenham court road. This position is working at a brand new music and events venue where day to day duties will include PPM and reacitive maintenance around the building.
Being a new contract, this position will be great for the right candidate looking for oppertunities for development and career progression within the company.
Key tasks and Responsibilities
• To carry out planned and reactive maintenance in accordance with the company’s PPM and task schedules as directed by the site supervisor.
• To undertake PPM activities in a professional & safe manner
• Undertake reactive maintenance works as directed by the Help Desk and/or Management Team
• To communicate clearly and effectively with the client's team and support the Site Supervisor as necessary
• Proactively assist the site supervisor to produce quotations by giving accurate and good quality information when extra works are identified
• To update/close completed Reactive & PPM tasks on the site CAFM System
• Ensure engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise efficient operation and reliability of plant and associated systems.
• To ensure that both Client and contractors Health & Safety procedures are followed at all times.
• Attend team meetings/briefings as requested
• To proactively work towards the continued success of the business with a positive approach
• To manage sub-contractors whilst working on site
• Respond to Building Management System alarms, and effect emergency repairs as needed
• To issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work Systems.
• City & Guilds Parts 1 & 2 (Mechanical & Electrical installation) or recognised equivalent
• 17th or 18th Edition Institute of Electrical Engineers (IEE) Registration or Recognised equivalent
• Approved apprenticeship or appropriate experience within Building Services
• Health & Safety Training • GCSE (or ‘O’ Level equivalent) passes in Maths & English or recognised equivalent
• Experienced in Electrical Installation including Electrical Testing & Inspection
• L8 Training and a good understanding of domestic water systems Experience
• Two years’ experience gained within a multi-discipline hard services environment