Job descriptionM&E Shift Maintenance Engineer - £42K – Central London
My client is seeking an M&E Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the company delivers its contractual obligations in maintaining all electrical and mechanical site-based equipment in accordance with best practice & legislation. Working to a continental shift rota pattern, the role will report directly to the Site Supervisor and will play a vital role in helping to deliver a first-class service to our client in order to meet internal targets and contractual KPI’s.
Key tasks and Responsibilities
• To carry out planned and reactive maintenance in accordance with the company’s PPM and task schedules as directed by the site supervisor.
• To undertake PPM activities in a professional & safe manner
• Undertake reactive maintenance works as directed by the Help Desk and/or Management Team
• Production of technical and situational reports as required
• To communicate clearly and effectively with the client's team and support the Site Supervisor as necessary
• To ensure company QA and site procedures are adhered to in all aspects.
• Proactively assist the site supervisor to produce quotations by giving accurate and good quality information when extra works are identified
• To update/close completed Reactive & PPM tasks on the site CAFM System
• Ensure engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise efficient operation and reliability of plant and associated systems.
• To ensure that both Client and contractors Health & Safety procedures are followed at all times.
• Attend team meetings/briefings as requested
• To provide accurate timesheet information weekly and on time
• To proactively work towards the continued success of the business with a positive approach
• To escalate any major site issues or incidents to the site supervisor asap once identified
• To manage sub-contractors whilst working on site
• Respond to Building Management System alarms, and effect emergency repairs as needed
• To issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work Systems.
• Deputise in the absence of Shift Leader
• City & Guilds Parts 1 & 2 (Mechanical & Electrical installation) or recognised equivalent
• 17th or 18th Edition Institute of Electrical Engineers (IEE) Registration or Recognised equivalent
• Approved apprenticeship or appropriate experience within Building Services
• Health & Safety Training • GCSE (or ‘O’ Level equivalent) passes in Maths & English or recognised equivalent
• Experienced in Electrical Installation including Electrical Testing & Inspection
• L8 Training and a good understanding of domestic water systems Experience
• Two years’ experience gained within a multi-discipline hard services environment
• A good working knowledge of trades such as plumbing, HVAC systems, controls and refrigeration
• Sound mechanical and electrical knowledge
• Experience in managing PPM management systems
• Experience in fault diagnosis and rectification
• Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices
• Good level of administration and organisation skills.
Personal Aptitudes and Skills
• Confidence and commitment to providing a high-quality professional service
• Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Good team player
• Good organisation and prioritisation skills
• Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative
• Innovative problem solver
• Strong attention to detail
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including word, excel and outlook (intermediate)