Job descriptionWe are recruiting for 6 experienced maintenance electricians completing PPM and reactive maintenance on a static site in Manchester. All temp – perm jobs for the ideal candidates. You will be expected to have good all-round knowledge of other FM disciplines and ideally test and inspection (2391 or 2394/5). Temp – perm roles, paying £14.00ph PAYE basis, 37.50 hours per week, overtime also available
Within the maintenance electrician role you will be working within a team of engineers carrying out all planned preventative and reactive maintenance tasks across the client portfolio. You will be working over a diverse property portfolio therefore a flexible approach is required as you will often be called to carry out or support works that are outside your core discipline.
Duties to include: -
· Planned Pro-Active Maintenance tasks
· LV Distribution Board Inspections
· Nurse Call Systems
· Emergency Lighting Systems
· Reactive Maintenance tasks
· Lights, Sockets, Switches, Door Control Systems, Operating Theatre Lighting Systems, Control Panels etc
· Small Works – Electrical installation work
· Electrical Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installation Work (Experience would be beneficial)
· Assistance with estate High Voltage, Low Voltage Systems and Black Start Tests – resetting of tripped circuits and event aftermath issues
(onsite internal training for all of the above will be carried out to educate staff to the required competency levels)
Skills & Background Required :
Qualified to BS 7671 17th/18th Edition Wiring Regulations
· Proven substantial experience within electrical trade, installation and maintenance work (Previous Healthcare environment would be beneficial but not essential)
· Confident capable engineer able to assess situations
· Self-motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities
· Skilled in the hands-on repair of all plant and equipment, having the ability to fault find, read drawings, diagnose and repair using their technical knowledge on equipment.
· Able to demonstrate an aptitude for problem solving using a logical approach
· Confident and logical under pressure but must understand urgency and respond accordingly
· Attend external and internal courses as required
· Good understanding of Health and Safety at Work regulations.
· Must be computer literate and able to demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills (Ipad use for PPM/RM tasks)
· Must be flexible and able to work additional hours to suit the business needs
· Must be Punctual, Prompt and Professionally Adept within the workplace
· Some experience of electrical inspection and testing is desirable
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the APPLY button now.
Please note if you have not had a response within 5 days, then please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.